Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iran/Iraq

• 15-04-2010 12:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

I've noticed this a bit more recently, as people discuss Either Iraq or Iran the two often get transposed, often mid sentence. this is something I've noticed moreso in the Politics thread, especially from the Israeli Apologists when trying to stirr people up.

Now, do people think this may be a deliberate attempt to confuse the issue and make the two interchangable, to sort of set the notion in the public eye that they are the same?

what do ye think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's been happening for years. It could be people who don't know any better but it could well be people wanting to exploit the confusion. I'd say there's a bit of both there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

The confusion could be just natural. There would be a definite advantage to deliberately trying to confuse the two though.

IF... or should I say WHEN the headlines one day read " USA Invades Iran " people will just ponder to themselves "Hmmm, Iran... Iraq.... Ah fook it same thing ! Both countries full of brown people!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzrQSba-1k4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I would say it is in some cases and sometimes not intentional. It is easy to get mixed up in your lines about these countries.

Whats interesting to me is (despite the ongoing genocide in Iraq) No USA man got the stargate going HA:D They are paying the prices for this war, Some fools.

Iran is just the most important country on the list to take over as far as the NWO goes. Both countries are getting the same faith.

Advertisement