Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Team 2010 Road Racing Programme Announced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

I hope Sky will be covering some of the English races, Lincoln Grand Prix and East Midlands Classic (some coverage last year)
    Lavery seems to have had good result in Picardie, looks like this guy has great potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 feltAR2

the premier calendars will be on eurosport again and the tour series will be on ITV 4 live in june.

yeh good ride by lavery in picardi.

i have to say that the program is great but the fact that they are sending an u23 team away to a nations cup race on the 3rd of june is a disgrace. Dont get me wrong i have no problem in the team going but when it means that none of the riders can ride what could be there last national tour ( FBD RAS ). frankly i think its a joke. i can see the point in sending the teams to nations cup events as we didnt qualify any riders for the worlds last year. but why go to the event the furthest away when our own natonal tour is on.
    the u23 tour of flanders was on last weekend and they didnt send a team.
    this is the most important year of all to have the great young crop of riders in the ras.
    our HIGH PROFORMANCE DIRECTOR must really want a trip to canada and melbourne for the worlds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

sy wrote: »
    Lavery seems to have had good result in Picardie, looks like this guy has great potential.

Anybody got a link or report on this in english please.

Edit: OK. Found it @ http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/25th-la-cote-picarde-1-ncup/results

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Anybody got a link or report on this in english please.

SSB posted a link at the end of this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055878990

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Michelin

Dont get me wrong i have no problem in the team going but when it means that none of the riders can ride what could be there last national tour ( FBD RAS ).

Why could this be there last national tour?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

feltAR2 wrote: »
    i have to say that the program is great but the fact that they are sending an u23 team away to a nations cup race on the 3rd of june is a disgrace. Dont get me wrong i have no problem in the team going but when it means that none of the riders can ride what could be there last national tour ( FBD RAS ). frankly i think its a joke. i can see the point in sending the teams to nations cup events as we didnt qualify any riders for the worlds last year. but why go to the event the furthest away when our own natonal tour is on.
    the u23 tour of flanders was on last weekend and they didnt send a team.
    this is the most important year of all to have the great young crop of riders in the ras.
    our HIGH PROFORMANCE DIRECTOR must really want a trip to canada and melbourne for the worlds.

The FBD Insurance Rás take place from the 23rd.to 30th. May 2010 so your point dosn't make sense.

Also the reason we didn't qualify any U23's for the worlds last year was becuse we didn't ride enough of these events.

I think it's a very good program FWIT

it actually makes alot of sense as the riders will be leaving for the event on the 28th of may to get rid of this thing called jet lag. i would also love to see u ride a stage race at alltitude a few days after riding an 8 day UCI 2.2 whilst still an espoir.

and to answer the other question it may be the last national tour as the race director Dermot dignam will be steeping down this year HUGE BACK UP TEAM and a replacement has yet to be found. also the sponsors will MOST likey do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Felt it seems you are being overly negative about the future of the ''National Tour'' / Ras.

It has an Organiser in place for this year and a sponsor. Next year's Ras (if as per normal to go ahead in the month of May) is well over a year away, and only worthy of such worry after this year's Ras surely.

Unless there is insider info you are privy to and would care to elaborate. Otherwise thing positively !! :)

As for organisation for next year onwards - necessity is the mother of invention as they say. Apart from Dermot Dignam, there is a great crew behind him, who I am sure would be interested in keeping the Ras going when he steps down.

There are also other admirable 3 and 4 day organisers throughout Ireland and other CI officials who may have an interest in Ras organisation post 2010.

Less of the gloom and doom !! ??

feltAR2 wrote: »
    it actually makes alot of sense as the riders will be leaving for the event on the 28th of may to get rid of this thing called jet lag. i would also love to see u ride a stage race at alltitude a few days after riding an 8 day UCI 2.2 whilst still an espoir.

http://www.coupedesnationssaguenay.com/File/parcours-2010.pdf

From the Parcours it seems fairly close to Sea-Level ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement