Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

volcanic ash from Iceland heading towards europe with airports expected to be closed

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

Joke doing the rounds in the UK at the moment! :pac:
    Worth a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm voting for the Icelandic Volcano Party!

It's done more to stop immigration in the last 5 days than Labour has done in the last 10 years."

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peterdaly

There are hundreds of planes up already. Looking more positive
    http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

My Dad & uncle are due to fly out on Friday afternoon to Manchester with Ryanscare......what are the chances of them being able to get out on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭donkey balls

My Dad & uncle are due to fly out on Friday afternoon to Manchester with Ryanscare......what are the chances of them being able to get out on time?

there operating from tomorrow should be ok whats with the ryanscare thing though:) they have a good safety record no hull loses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Saw my first contrail today over my house for the first time in a week when normally I would see several each day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

I'm in America right now, got the first Aer Lingus flight out of Shannon at 1pm today (Wednesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Doop wrote: »

That's a link to your gmail so its timed out and not showing anything. You'll need to put the pic in directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

watna did you manage to get back to new zealand yet??

our best man is still out there, his flight was cancelled. they've said they'll be able to put him on a flight on the 28th/29th which will have him back just in time for the wedding. so fingers crossed it'll all clear to fly from there next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

*eadaoin wrote: »
    watna did you manage to get back to new zealand yet??

our best man is still out there, his flight was cancelled. they've said they'll be able to put him on a flight on the 28th/29th which will have him back just in time for the wedding. so fingers crossed it'll all clear to fly from there next week!

That's great news Eadoin - really pleased for you! I think he'll get here fine. It will take a lot for the skies to be closed again. I got on a flight leaving tomorrow evening so I'll get home on Sunday night. Only a week late so could have been a lot worse although I'm not looking forward to the two days of travelling.

The girl covering me at work sent around an email to all staff (I have a BlackBerry so can see what is going on) to say I'd got stuck and would be back in work on Tuesday. It got some very funny replies. I think everyone is going to want to hear the story when I'm back in! I'll get lots of coffees out of it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Doop wrote: »
    watna wrote: »
    That's a link to your gmail so its timed out and not showing anything. You'll need to put the pic in directly.

Dublin Airport an hour ago!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Screenshot from CNN when Eyjafjallajökull first erupted:

http://i41.tinypic.com/dcr2uf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

That's great news Eadoin - really pleased for you! I think he'll get here fine. It will take a lot for the skies to be closed again. I got on a flight leaving tomorrow evening so I'll get home on Sunday night. Only a week late so could have been a lot worse although I'm not looking forward to the two days of travelling.

The girl covering me at work sent around an email to all staff (I have a BlackBerry so can see what is going on) to say I'd got stuck and would be back in work on Tuesday. It got some very funny replies. I think everyone is going to want to hear the story when I'm back in! I'll get lots of coffees out of it! :)

great news watna, have a safe journey home!! i don't envy you the two days travel though, fingers crossed it will be a smooth journey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Great news, watna. There are a lot of interesting stories arising from this, and yours will be no exception! "Have a safe journey home" from me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Im HOME!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Alternatively you could post your username and password...

Disclaimer: Don't post your username and password

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Im HOME!!!

Can you put on some dinner im bloddy starving, meet you in the kitchen in half a hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

consultech wrote: »
    Screenshot from CNN when Eyjafjallajökull first erupted:

http://i41.tinypic.com/dcr2uf.jpg

In IRELAND?? Volcano is in Iceland ffs. Bloody Americans :P

Advertisement