Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballyalla Lake

• 15-04-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

Just wondered has anyone been out to ballyalla lately. Went there last Sunday for picnic with kids and was shocked at the state of the place. The bins where overflowing and there was rubbish everywhere, including used nappies. Obviously somebody is going out there to dump their rubbish because they can't be bothered to pay huge bin charges. But why is the council not out there cleaning up the rubbish????? The fairgreen playpark is another thing that the council should be updating, can't even let the children play there for fear of them getting cut from all the rust on the swings, all the villages seem to have nice parks why not us????

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

The town is gone to the dogs parkwise!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

They'd rather be forking out €3,000 a day for their new offices than maintaining and developing the facilities for the plebs. Scumbags all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

I agree, but its been like that a while. I'm not from Clare, but I have rellies living there. Last summer when I passed it on the way to their house I stopped to have a walk and got back into the car - I wasn't happy about walking in through the overgrown bushes and weeds and there was rubbish everywhere then also. Its a lovely lovely place and ye should get onto your local council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

There have been calls to the council to improve it but so far nothing. It's such a beautiful spot but spoiled by rubbish and 1970s type planting etc. Could do with a facelift and some maintenance. Maybe the townspeople or locals should get together and do something ourselves, do we rely too much on civic authorties who don't have the resources (through their own bad decisions).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Doora-Barefield Notes in this week's Clare Champion has item on a volunteer clean up of Ballyalla, Barefield and Ballycorey areas this Saturday. Contact the local organiser Orla on 065 6846281 for full itinerary of times and schedule of work. The clean up begins at 10.00 a.m., finishing about 2.00 p.m.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 icewitch

Balagan wrote: »
    Doora-Barefield Notes in this week's Clare Champion has item on a volunteer clean up of Ballyalla, Barefield and Ballycorey areas this Saturday. Contact the local organiser Orla on 065 6846281 for full itinerary of times and schedule of work. The clean up begins at 10.00 a.m., finishing about 2.00 p.m.

Thanks for that information it is great to know that this has been organised as i couldn't get over the state of the place when i visited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

whatever about the state of the vicinity,
    when we were kids we could swim in the lake, it was fine and clean
    but years of dumping, travelers bringing in their horses for cleaning has destroyed the water,
    and know i wouldn't dare bring my son in there for a dip !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Effluent from the Co. Council's waste water treatment plants and from farms and homes have played no part in the pollution of Ballyalla I suppose?

Advertisement