Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever got into a fight for the girl?

Options
  • 15-04-2010 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Gentlemen, indeed.

Have you ever got into fisticuffs over a lady? Ever get started-on for chatting to some guys chick? Ever find your girl in a compromising position with Joe Bloggs and just blow a fuse?

I myself have got into two such situations... The first time, I was in the wrong; she was dating this guy, I knew about it and like the twat I was I got involved with her... Needless to say her other half wasn't impressed and proceeded to knock seven colours of s**t out of me! After that myself and herself were together for about 4 years...

A second time I was out with my GF of about 6 months and a local creepy, slimey, waster that I went to school with started chatting to her as I got drinks. I noticed that he had followed her to the bathroom and after that he was prowling constantly around her group of friends. Long story short: When we were leaving he asked for her number, she told him to feck off that she's with me and then he groped her ass so I lost the head and punched him. Repeatedly.

Felt very shameful after both events...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

No, but ah sure Im only 19, I can see plenty o brawls on the horizon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nope,never been in fight over a female and unless she is seriously wronged in my prescence ie a bloke hits her then I probably never will be.All my female friends are well able to look after themselves so getting their arse squeezed,while distasteful and not very nice is hardly reason to get into a barney over.

Besides,blokes fighting eachother outside of a controlled sporting environment is lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

^^^What Ned said.

I was the prize in a catfight once. Sounds awesome in my fantasy fueled world but in reality it was a sad sight to behold. I walked away from that nightmare and left them to it. Lifes too short...

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was in a fight BECAUSE of a girl, does that count? some guy walked over to me a few years back and punched me right in the side of the head for no reason, his stupid drunk bitch of a girlfriend had accused me of feeling her arse "all night" (I wasnt even in the same club, i had walked down there to meet friends after being somewhere else) I tried to explain this but he had none of it, I did get him a right good knee into the stomach which made him think differently about it though, they wound up walking off yelling at each other while he was doubled over and she could barely stand she was so pissed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Was in a club one night with the ex-MissL, group of drunk lads dancing around in a circle, one of them elbowed her, turned around and started laughing.

I just caught him by the shirt and told him to apologise.

He caught me by the throat.

I had the last laugh.:cool:

However i dislike this thread. Fighting never ends well and is generally an exercise in futility unless you happen to be in a ring and are getting paid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Once yea. Held a guy over a stairwell when he had given a dead arm punch to an ex. Wouldnt be too quick to do so now. Often you're damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭iptba

krudler wrote: »
    I was in a fight BECAUSE of a girl, does that count? some guy walked over to me a few years back and punched me right in the side of the head for no reason, his stupid drunk bitch of a girlfriend had accused me of feeling her arse "all night" (I wasnt even in the same club, i had walked down there to meet friends after being somewhere else)
    Sorry to hear it - reminds me of this bit humour I got recently (hope that's ok):
    A man and his little girl were on an overcrowded elevator. Suddenly, the woman in front turned around, slapped him and left in a huff.

The little girl remarked, "That's OK daddy, I didn't like her either. She was stepping all over my toes. That's why I pinched her."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Muscle bound he man she bitch knocked out my bosses petite little wife in a free for all pub fight, boss looked over at me as he was busy thumping someone, I knew by the way he looked at me he wanted me to deck the ho, so I did, knocked her clean out and rescued bosses wife! Employee of the month, meh!

First and only time I ever hit a woman and when i say woman i use the term
    very loosley!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I got hit by my "going to be ex" girlfriend in a nightclub when I was 'between" girlfriends.
    Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Never have and hopefully never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What Khannie and Ned said.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Never gotten into a physical confrontation but have come fairly close to one, out with my OH one night a few months ago in a club, went to bathroom, went to get drinks, came back to her and there was a scumbag trying it on with her, arms around her waist trying to drag her onto the dancefloor. Tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to leave her alone, got the usual face up to mine, hand pushing my shoulder knocking me back, telling me to mind my own business...

Sorry mate, see that engagement ring she's wearing, I gave that to her. Muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Nah not woth the hassle. Used to work as a doorman, ended up in a brawl one night, hit a guy once, flash ko, ended up skulling himself off the kerb, 3 days later he got outta intesnsive care, learned a scary ass lesson about fighting outside of a ring, wont be doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

A lad made a horrible comment to my ex. She was obviously put out by it. I told him to apologise, he was squaring up to me, he wont do it again. He got a broken nose, i got a sprained wrist.

Its just stupid, i dont know why people do it.
    At the same time, id have no problem putting myself in danger to keep her safe. Current GF says she always feels safe with me. I like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its a guy thing really, defending a girls honour and all that jazz, I know my missus can take care of herself but if I saw a guy (or girl) starting on her I'd step in, wouldnt be the first to throw a punch but if theres no talking your way out of something then as a last resort I would. depends on the situation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

No. But many times I have seen girls, usually at the end of a night outside of clubs, getting into arguments with blokes. She'll have a boyfriend trying to calm her down and pull her away as he knows he'll be the one to have to do the actual fighting, but she'll be shouting stuff over his shoulder at the guy who is usually twice as big as the boyfriend. "You going to let him talk to me like that!?" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Communicationb

A girl started on me one night downstairs in the Viperroom a few years back...she threw slaps at me like a pro boxer.....like a big girls blouse I ran to the bouncer and complained. :o

They were kicked out...:D

Am sure they were knackers though...no normal woman could throw slaps like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

i've seen a few fights over girls which led to some guys getting hurt especially when a few drinks are invovled. I've been with girls who flirt with guys on purpose in front of their boyfriends so they see if they will fight for them. Women know what kind of power they have over men

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Once outside a nightclub, my friend was having an argument with a random girl (cant remember what it was over but I was pretty sure he was in the wrong) anyway I was trying to drag him away when she swung her bag, clocked me on the face and split my eye open, blood everywhere.

The gaurds were standing in front of me when it happened and bizzarly they laughed about it, and told us to go home.

Anyway, I think there are alot of girls out there that can handle themselves tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

On the dance floor with the ex one night,there was a lad she thought she knew dancing with a girl near us so she went up and bit his hand! Dont ask me why,although it wasnt a skin breaker or it didnt look bad I couldnt understand why she done it!
    Anyway your man slapped her in the face which I thought was a bit much so I stepped in and we exchanged blows,my bro used to work in this place so I knew all the bouncers,he was the only one to get kicked out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Gillington wrote: »
    On the dance floor with the ex one night,there was a lad she thought she knew dancing with a girl near us so she went up and bit his hand! Dont ask me why,although it wasnt a skin breaker or it didnt look bad I couldnt understand why she done it!
    Anyway your man slapped her in the face which I thought was a bit much so I stepped in and we exchanged blows,my bro used to work in this place so I knew all the bouncers,he was the only one to get kicked out!
    She attacked him for ****s sake what did she expect.:confused::confused:

All sorts of crap can be caught from having a bite wound and I can't blame him for smacking her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

SugarHigh wrote: »
    All sorts of crap can be caught from having a bite wound and I can't blame him for smacking her.

..exactly.

Guy B is subjected to random unprovoked biting attack, retaliates, gets involved with OP and he alone gets slung out of the club.

Meanwhile, more than likely p*ssed as a fart, bint is free to move along without so much as a second thought and no lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

No. Hopefully it'll stay that way also !

I realise there could be situations that just can't be avoided (IE defending yourself from an attack) but I'd never be the first one to throw a punch over something that can be sorted out over a few words.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was in Bruxelles many years ago with 2 mates. Two lads came over to us (one look very scarily like Freddie Mercury) and accused us of "harrassing" their girlfriends in the toilet. It didnt get physical but they got very agressive with us over it. (Obviously we were innocent of their claims!)

We tried to cool the row but they were edging closer to violence. Then the 2 ladies in question came over and one of them said "No, thats not them" and walked off. The 2 lads, red with embarrassment changed immediately and did a huge back peddle on their accusations. But you could see how hard it was for them to admit they were wrong.

The bouncers came over and turfed them. Rightly or wrongly, they asked the bouncers to get me and my friends to confirm that it was a misunderstanding and nothing happened. But we didnt feel like bailing them out so they got turfed. Their own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

prinz wrote: »
    ..exactly.

Guy B is subjected to random unprovoked biting attack, retaliates, gets involved with OP and he alone gets slung out of the club.

Meanwhile, more than likely p*ssed as a fart, bint is free to move along without so much as a second thought and no lesson learned.

Relax there lads ffs,as I said i dunno why she did it but it was a playful bite as she thought it was someone she knew.I myself would be pissed off but my first reaction would not be to smack a girl in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭schoolboy082

Gentlemen, indeed.

Have you ever got into fisticuffs over a lady? Ever get started-on for chatting to some guys chick? Ever find your girl in a compromising position with Joe Bloggs and just blow a fuse?

I myself have got into two such situations... The first time, I was in the wrong; she was dating this guy, I knew about it and like the twat I was I got involved with her... Needless to say her other half wasn't impressed and proceeded to knock seven colours of s**t out of me! After that myself and herself were together for about 4 years...

A second time I was out with my GF of about 6 months and a local creepy, slimey, waster that I went to school with started chatting to her as I got drinks. I noticed that he had followed her to the bathroom and after that he was prowling constantly around her group of friends. Long story short: When we were leaving he asked for her number, she told him to feck off that she's with me and then he groped her ass so I lost the head and punched him. Repeatedly.

Felt very shameful after both events...

HAHA NICE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Yeah last year, I was in town with my girlfriend. I was looking at something in a shop window while she walked up on ahead a little bit. When I looked up, she was surrounded by these five scumbag looking guys. When I saw one of them pushing her I flipped. Marched right up to them and punched the lad who did it in the nose. Suddenly, it was 5 on 1 until it was broken up and I got the crap kicked out of me but I couldn't let them get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭schoolboy082

DKZ wrote: »
    Yeah last year, I was in town with my girlfriend. I was looking at something in a shop window while she walked up on ahead a little bit. When I looked up, she was surrounded by these five scumbag looking guys. When I saw one of them pushing her I flipped. Marched right up to them and punched the lad who did it in the nose. Suddenly, it was 5 on 1 until it was broken up and I got the crap kicked out of me but I couldn't let them get away with it.
    fancy meetin you here :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

fancy meetin you here :cool:

I know.. two males in a male orientated forum?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cant disagree more.There is no excuse,unless in an unlikely scenario of it being literally life and death,for a man to hit woman,end of story.

A bite on the hand is hardly being attacked is it?

There is a Drama forum around here somewhere you know.

Advertisement