Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC revamping WEC? Dropping WEC moniker?

• 15-04-2010 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭

Very interesting couple of points in this article

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18721/joe-rogan-says-he-and-mike-goldberg-slated-for-aldo-vs-faber-broadcast.mma

Goldie & Joe Ro' are commentating on the WEC48 PPV feed. But that's not all.
    A recent announcement regarding a forthcoming media call promoting the event indicated that UFC president Dana White while be on the conference line as host of the call. His position was listed as UFC/WEC president. WEC general manger Reed Harris, who generally handles such duties, was not listed as an attendee on the call, though his absence was not explained.

Is Dana going to take on promoting WEC full time like he promotes UFC in his capacity as Zuffa president?
    Additionally, the entire April 24 fight card was initially announced as "UFC presents WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber."

Recent re-branding of the event now sees the WEC's website referring to the event solely as "Aldo vs. Faber," and an event listing for the star-studded fight card was today added to the UFC's official website. The event is also referred to solely as "Aldo vs. Faber" on the UFC's website.

The UFC indeed does have it labeled as such

Are we gonna see a revamp of WEC? Will it be a "Pride:Bushido" type rebranding? I'm not sure if i'd like it or not.

I love WEC as it is, every show is exciting and i always look forward to each future WEC event.

What do you guys think?
    (of course, i could be just jumoing the gun here :pac:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

I dunno how much difference it would make. Does anybody know how much autonomy Reed has in his position?

I would like WEC to stay looking like WEC, simply because I think its good to have other shows that look distinctively different from UFC (even if they're owned by the same company)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Another thing i just noticed is, when you look at the events list, UFC 112 has been removed, what's that all about?

ufca.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Id delete UFC 112 and replace it with a WEC PPV if I was rewriting UFC history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not a bad thing if more people watch it , it really deserves to be seen.

Only problem I have is with those 2 idiots commentating :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Is it gonna be marketed as a contenders type show or will they keep it at the low weight classes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement