Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nazi

Options
  • 15-04-2010 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭

i think i posted this before but am not sure. The chap that got me into stretching me ears is a complete racist. He wants to get the nazi sign on his chest. I told him Ill have nothing to do with him if he gets it. The chap I got my last tattoo off knows him aswell. He is thinking about doing it for him. As far as I know its illegal to have such a tattoo. This fella who wants it is 35 and almost got me in trouble one night in my local by making a point of doing the nazi salute.
    My question is. Would I be in the wrong to give him a smack in the mouth for getting it done or should I just ignore it and eventually get my head kicked in for knowing him. He said he wants it where nobody can see it but still wants to get it done. My opinion is. Give him a smack in the chops and tell him to grow up, what ye think? Wouldnt mind but one of our good mates is polish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

id stay away from him, him getting his head kicked in is inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

"The chap that got me into stretching me ears is a complete racist."

This is the single greatest sentence i have ever read on boards.ie

Thank you, Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

seanybiker wrote: »
    I told him Ill have nothing to do with him if he gets it. .

This is definitely the correct action. Someone like that is a disaster waiting to happen. How he's gotten to 35 without it happening yet, I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

i think i posted this before but am not sure. The chap that got me into stretching me ears is a complete racist. He wants to get the nazi sign on his chest. I told him Ill have nothing to do with him if he gets it. The chap I got my last tattoo off knows him aswell. He is thinking about doing it for him. As far as I know its illegal to have such a tattoo. This fella who wants it is 35 and almost got me in trouble one night in my local by making a point of doing the nazi salute.
    My question is. Would I be in the wrong to give him a smack in the mouth for getting it done or should I just ignore it and eventually get my head kicked in for knowing him. He said he wants it where nobody can see it but still wants to get it done. My opinion is. Give him a smack in the chops and tell him to grow up, what ye think? Wouldnt mind but one of our good mates is polish.
    Why is it illegal?
    http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swastika/a/swastikahistory.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 39,398 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

digme wrote: »
    Sigh, whenever the Swastika comes up in conversation some always trys to be smart with the "it's not actually racist, its good etc". Well, despite it's origins (which I agree when ones of a positive power), the actions of the Nazi party have cause a shift so great that the origins will never have anything to do with its modern meaning.
    In the modern world, it is an evil symbol, nothing more.

However, I don't know if they could make it illegal to get one. If somebody was that way inclined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I told him Ill have nothing to do with him if he gets it.

^ This.

Although I don't see what difference it'd make him having the tattoo or not. If he's a massive racist, he's a massive racist. Having the tattoo won't change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Absolutely nothing illegal about having a Swastika tattoo or using the straight armed salute in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

hmm i thought displays of a racist nature were illegal....and the swastika is the greatest symbol of prejudice the world knows, despite its origins,surely that makes illegal...

and haha i wudnt worry ur racist friend will no longer prob have normal friends..or get any sex with that yolk on his chest...punishment enuff me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

That guy is mentally weak or just stupid. I wouldn't be talking to him now as it is. What kind of a closed mind eegit would be a racist?
    He also has no ideas of the horrors of war and the complete idiocy of Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

if he wants he will get it, there was a girl up in dub a jew i might add it, who had 2 done on the palms of her hand as a reminder of the suffering in the holocost,

the real meaning of the symbol has nothing to do with nazis this is just our perception of it in todays society

if your friend is a racist, and partakes in white power meeting and so on, best to find a few new friends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Totoro_

TBH I'd advise to stay away from him as nothing good will come of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

why are you friends with him? he doesnt seem like a very nice guy to be around. im sure he has some good qualities but surely that kind of racism makes them all kinda void?

he'll only get worse, and its hardly something you can shrug off as a phase or something, if he stamps it on himself for life- by getting a tattoo hes pretty much advertising his racism that he seems to be proud of, so theres no point trying to reason with him, trust me theres no reasoning with people like that.

would many tattoo artists do this though? id have thought alot would refuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

why would you hit your friend for getting a tattoo he wants after all one of the things most tattooed people say is "its your body so get the tattoo you want". I cant see why you currently hang around with him and dont seem to mind his racist thoughts but when he wants to get a tattoo showing his belief your against it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

why would you hit your friend for getting a tattoo he wants after all one of the things most tattooed people say is "its your body so get the tattoo you want". I cant see why you currently hang around with him and dont seem to mind his racist thoughts but when he wants to get a tattoo showing his belief your against it?
    where did I say I dont mind his racist thoughts? Havent seen him in about a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

where did I say I dont mind his racist thoughts? Havent seen him in about a month.

Well if you continue to hang around with a racist then his thoughts can't bother you that much and if you havent seen him in a month you shouldnt care what tattoo he gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    "The chap that got me into stretching me ears is a complete racist."

This is the single greatest sentence i have ever read on boards.ie

Thank you, Sir.

brilliant!

Well if you continue to hang around with a racist then his thoughts can't bother you that much and if you havent seen him in a month you shouldnt care what tattoo he gets.
    I said I know him. Never said I hung around with him. Even if I didnt know him I would still think he is a numpty for wanting a tattoo like that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Why would you get your head kicked in for knowing him?

As you said you don't hang around with him, leave him off or at best joing the lynch mob when the time is right.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Why would you get your head kicked in for knowing him?

As you said you don't hang around with him, leave him off or at best joing the lynch mob when the time is right.
    wouldnt even bother with the lynch mob. Rather have a challenge if Im gonna fight lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

Nazi's are not cool, but 2 things.

1 If you got on with em before, why does this make such a difference? I hang around with total racists, hippies, head bangers, golf players etc.

When the golf player talks golf I zone out, when the hippie wants to stop people from eatting meat and dairy, I zone out. When the racists go on racisting, I zone out. For the most part arguing with ejits makes you a bigger ejit.

For instance, its Thursday and its 2 am and I am on boards and cant go to bed just incase someone on the internet is wrong and needs correcting.

2 Swastikas are a really powerful symbol and some people may get them thinking they are cool without actually buying into the Nazi ideology. To be honest, I cant see many people that will buy into, but sure didnt we all draw swastikas into our school desks and books when we were prepubesent and didnt really know what it was all about.

Moral of the story, if you get on, whats the problem. If he whips it out and wants to go hub city stomping cause hes got it done, then I would rethink hanging around with em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What a gimp

Just cut ties and you're laughin

Thread is turning into a PI thread now. I only started it to see what ye thought about a certain tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

Swastikas and Nazi salutes are not ilegal in ireland.

With regards the salute just ask Enda Kenny's blueshirts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

Or any Garda, an organisation set up by a man who claimed to be the 3rd most important man in Europe after Hitler and Mussolini.

I reckon its something he'll regret getting done in a few years.

Id love it if he had some kinky Asian fetish and could never close the deal because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can't see anything positive coming from any further discussion of this, and it's only going to spiral out of the realms of the acceptable, so I'm locking the thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement