Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That massive masion near Ballyvourney

Options
  • 15-04-2010 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

I see this twice a week and have never seen anyone walking around..

Some windows are boarded up but the lawn is well cut :confused:

Does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

used to be a boarding school. Briefly considered conversion to a spa resort or trobolgan style effort in the early 90's but some locals objected.
    Colaiste Iosagain

more here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

uberwolf wrote: »
    used to be a boarding school. Briefly considered conversion to a spa resort or trobolgan style effort in the early 90's but some locals objected.
    Colaiste Iosagain

more here

Woah thanks for the quick response!

And the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Always wondered what that building was alright, looks like a fine building from the road. Pity it's left idol now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Always wondered what that building was alright, looks like a fine building from the road. Pity it's left idol now :(

I live up the road from it. The last big plan for it was a massive irish language center but then the money dried up...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Was the set for the film 'Song for A Raggy Boy' aswell wasnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Digits wrote: »
    Was the set for the film 'Song for A Raggy Boy' aswell wasnt it?

I was thinking that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

The old lady was forever threatening me with that place if I did not buck my ideas up.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

On the abandonedireland site, does anyone have directions to get to Marino house and Lakefield house in Co. Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DerMutt

Marino House is in the grounds of what used to be IFI on the way to Cobh. Don't know if you're allowed in there or not.

Lakeview House is on the left hand side of the road to Whitegate from the roundabout near Midleton on the N25 across the road from the Topaz filling station.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

DerMutt wrote: »
    Marino House is in the grounds of what used to be IFI on the way to Cobh. Don't know if you're allowed in there or not.

Lakeview House is on the left hand side of the road to Whitegate from the roundabout near Midleton on the N25 across the road from the Topaz filling station.

Thanks very much DerMutt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement