Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Comeback when Online Laser Card transaction go wrong!

Options
  • 15-04-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

In February I made a purchase online for 55euro with my AIB laser card. The item was taking ages to come so I logged into my account on the website and my order had been cancelled. The only contact is via email or the query section of the website. So I contacted them and they said they don’t know when or if they’ll re-stock the product and that they are trying to secured facilities to refund the money. I’ve emailed every week since and never get a reply. It is now almost 6 weeks later and I have still not been refunded. I contacted the bank and they said there is nothing that they can do.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If you're buying from a company in Ireland, file with the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Paulw wrote: »
    If you're buying from a company in Ireland, file with the small claims court.

This is also an option if you've bought from any company in the EU now.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I'm not sure why the AIB are telling you this. We have had chargebacks issued to us for laser transactions that turned out to be stolen cards so I can't see why there is no process for charging back in situations where the goods were not delivered. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And never, I mean NEVER, purchase from a website that doesn't give you a phone number and snail mail address. All, if not 99%, of reputable websites have nothing to hide and publish these details freely.

I would never trust a site that only publishes an email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

RangeR wrote: »
    And never, I mean NEVER, purchase from a website that doesn't give you a phone number and snail mail address. All, if not 99%, of reputable websites have nothing to hide and publish these details freely.

I would never trust a site that only publishes an email address.

Good advice, and it only takes a few seconds to check and after a while becomes a habbit, details are usally in an about us section or at the bottom of the page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

AIB Laser card is also a Maestro card. Maestro is part of Mastercard so I'd be very surprised if they can't issue a chargeback.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You should contact IPSO to get this matter clarified for you.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/ConsumerCornerPaymentCards

T: +353 1 6636740

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

danmanw8 wrote: »
    AIB Laser card is also a Maestro card. Maestro is part of Mastercard so I'd be very surprised if they can't issue a chargeback.

mmmmm. Carn't or won't?

Advertisement