Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolton Game

Options
  • 15-04-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I have finally managed to secure a ticket for this game, thanks to a fellow poster on here (top man Andrew)

Flights booked, over Sat back Sun.

It looks like there's a decent crowd from here going. I think it would be nice to arrange a get together for a bit of a end of season piss-up.

Also who else is staying over?

It could get very messy if last season's last home game is anything to go by:D

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Glad you got sorted mate. I am going over but flying back that night.
    If its half as good a day as last year it will be top notch.

Suppose Dublin airport bar at about 7-7.15 is as good a place as any to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yep Im going over with the old man, in and out of Luton (dont ask) on the day, 8.15am and 8.25pm I think !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

7.15 at the departure gate bar sounds great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭donspur

i'm going over and back the same day from dublin
    up d spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So does danny keep his place for Sunday?
    Interview said he'd hurt his knee but not bad and hoped his 45 minutes was enough to put him in contention for saturday.

Wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

donspur wrote: »
    i'm going over and back the same day from dublin
    up d spurs

coming back sun

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, I don't want to be a scaremonger, but this volcano stuff could go on for quite a while yet. The met office here suggest there'll be no change in the weather until next Friday, if it goes any further then you should all be thinking of alternative options to the UK for this game.

I've priced the Stena ferry for a car and 4 passengers Fri-Sun and it's coming in at just under €500 (that's their premium price, which allows cancellation at no cost up to 24hrs before), the drive from Holyhead is about 5hrs30mins.

Lads, I don't want to be a scaremonger, but this volcano stuff could go on for quite a while yet. The met office here suggest there'll be no change in the weather until next Friday, if it goes any further then you should all be thinking of alternative options to the UK for this game.

I've priced the Stena ferry for a car and 4 passengers Fri-Sun and it's coming in at just under €500 (that's their premium price, which allows cancellation at no cost up to 24hrs before), the drive from Holyhead is about 5hrs30mins.

fair point Ro. I will be checking out options during the week just incase. Would prefer to get train if poss as less stress and only 3hr 45 to london just not sure of the times etc. With a bit of luck we will be ok though.

Fingers crossed it'll all be sorted by then.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    fair point Ro. I will be checking out options during the week just incase. Would prefer to get train if poss as less stress and only 3hr 45 to london just not sure of the times etc. With a bit of luck we will be ok though.

The problem with the train Mark is that you have to go earlier from what I can see.

• Advertisement

These are your options Mark (with Stena)

Dublin Port & Dun Laoghaire to Holyhead

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/rail-and-sail/holyhead/#book

Cheers Ronan, lets just hope it clears up by then and we dont need to worry about it. Will look up all options anyway.
    Irish Ferries fast boat leaving on friday at 14.30 with train transfer gets in at 21.30 to Euston.

Another option which is prob a bit nuts - was to get the overnight to Liverpool on Friday night, 22.00 - arrives at 5-5.30, but get a cabin so you can get a sleep. Train then takes 2.5 hrs to London.

The fans are meeting Harry on sunday moring in WHL and player of the year

The fans are meeting Harry on sunday moring in WHL and player of the year

How does that work Terry ?
    I'll be around on the Sun morning and I'd love to attend.

you can get a ticket off the ticket office I be abel to tell you more after the match tomorrow

tickets are £15 and its on from 10am to 12am sunday

I'm sure that will be some people's bag, but I'll be sleeping off the mother of all hangovers so I'll give it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I'm sure that will be some people's bag, but I'll be sleeping off the mother of all hangovers so I'll give it a miss.

or you could always go early and get sick on our player of the year
    DAWSON
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Booked flights today finally, so I will be on my way saturday morning. Looking forward to a few beers with whoever is going from here, maybe we could arrange a meet up point closer to next saturday :D

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Booked flights today finally, so I will be on my way saturday morning. Looking forward to a few beers with whoever is going from here, maybe we could arrange a meet up point closer to next saturday :D

Good man Donal. Will prob go to the coach and horses straight from the train. Maybe on down to the Bill Nic at some stage before game for a few more. Should be a good day.

• Advertisement

I'm undecided as of yet, probably in the Coach and Horses early doors, possibly into Rudolph's after the game (though it does get packed) then back to the Coach. Would like to get to the Olive Branch at some point also, though that depends on what time the lads I know get there.

Good man Donal. Will prob go to the coach and horses straight from the train. Maybe on down to the Bill Nic at some stage before game for a few more. Should be a good day.

Mark, im heading over with the old man so will text you and try meet you for a pint early doors. He likes having a couple in the bellnhare so will head up there before ko too.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Mark, im heading over with the old man so will text you and try meet you for a pint early doors. He likes having a couple in the bellnhare so will head up there before ko too.

Lds, if you were up for an early beer in the Bell N' Hare I'd be up for it, around 11?

Lds, if you were up for an early beer in the Bell N' Hare I'd be up for it, around 11?

Sounds good, breakie in the place on park lane and then around the corner sounds good.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sounds good, breakie in the place on park lane and then around the corner sounds good.

Perfect I'm there. Think we are all flying about same time so might get a pint in the airport. I'll be the one in the spurs top;)

Shane you looking forward to your bullseye baggies on the plane:D

Perfect I'm there. Think we are all flying about same time so might get a pint in the airport. I'll be the one in the spurs top;)

Shane you looking forward to your bullseye baggies on the plane:D

G&T for breakfast :)

G&T for breakfast :)

brilliant. Think I will stick to a pint though..

looking forward to it now. Could be a very nervy game though with so much at stake.

brilliant. Think I will stick to a pint though..

looking forward to it now. Could be a very nervy game though with so much at stake.

Massive, Massive massive game.
    Can't wait for Saturday morning.

Right lads, who is up for an 11am meet in the Bell N' Hare?

That gives everybody time to go about their usual routine before the game, we can start to head off about 12:30/1:00.

• Advertisement

Right lads, who is up for an 11am meet in the Bell N' Hare?

That gives everybody time to go about their usual routine before the game, we can start to head off about 12:30/1:00.

I'm in.

Advertisement