Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Center of BMW alloys replacement

• 15-04-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Have managed to lose / get nicked the center of one of the alloys - the piece with the BMW logo in the attached picture.

Can anyone tell me where to get a price efficient replacement piece! :)

alloy.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Any BMW dealer, not expensive and a perfect match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I got one for the exact same wheel as your for a tenner about a year ago. TBH you prob wont get it cheaper than that and if so if its worth the extra few euro for a proper fit!

Forgot to say i got it from the dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

lots of them on Ebay

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

its probably as cheap to get them from a dealer than from ebay and I'd bet that the OEM quality is better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

They are about €5 from the dealer. (well they were the last time i got one!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's just a stick-on emblem isn't it? Shouldn't be more than €10 as Hogzy said. While you're at it, try get the ///M sticker to go into the little square too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

cheers lads, i presumed the dealer price would be the usual ripoff but will check them out if its €5-10.

It's just a stick-on emblem isn't it? Shouldn't be more than €10 as Hogzy said.
    It clicks into the wheel centre.
    While you're at it, try get the ///M sticker to go into the little square too :)
    Nnnnnooooooooooo
    Adding these just makes the car look tacky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

are bonnet and boot badges similarly cheap from the dealer ? Was gonna go ebay but no point if the dealer is as cheap

kbannon wrote: »
    its probably as cheap to get them from a dealer than from ebay and I'd bet that the OEM quality is better!

A lot of ebay wheel badges are OEM, I doubt a dealer here will match price or be even close to double it.

Had one guy try to sell me an Alfa badge (boot) for €60, same thing (alfa part label and all) on ebay for £7.50 (£2 p&P) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

It clicks into the wheel centre.
    Nnnnnooooooooooo
    Adding these just makes the car look tacky!

Why is it tacky?
    The wheel in photo is an M spec with the space for the ///M emblem.
    Sticking it on a regular set of 15" BMW alloys, now that would be tacky.

Twin-go wrote: »
    Why is it tacky?
    The wheel in photo is an M spec with the space for the ///M emblem.
    Sticking it on a regular set of 15" BMW alloys, now that would be tacky.

M badges generally lower the tone of the car, blame it on the boy racers super gluing them on anything remotely BM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

bladespin wrote: »
    M badges generally lower the tone of the car, blame it on the boy racers super gluing them on anything remotely BM.

In general I would agree with you but, this wheel in the photo IS a m-spec alloy that is missing the ///M badge. I don't think ///M badges placed where they are ment to be is tacky.

A 316 with an ///M on the kidney grill and ///Mpower stuck onto the boot. Now thats tacky.:D

Thank you Twin-go! The space is there so why the hell not!?

Voxpop - the bonnet and boot badges are dearer. The wheel ones aren't encased in crear plastic like the bonnet and boot badges are. I paid I think about €30 incl. P&P for a bonnet badge from a dealer years ago.

kbannon - IMO they're tacky if they are ///M or even replica as long as they have the sqaure :) It's like seeing a wheel hub with no wheel. What'll you put there? A beanbag???? :P

Voxpop - the bonnet and boot badges are dearer. The wheel ones aren't encased in crear plastic like the bonnet and boot badges are. I paid I think about €30 incl. P&P for a bonnet badge from a dealer years ago.

Cheers - Ill give them a buzz anyway and see - 30 quid will get bonnet+boot+4 wheel badges from ebay

What the opinions on the carbon fibre bonnet/boot badges ? Saw a few on ebay, not sure what they'd be like in the flesh

voxpop wrote: »
    Cheers - Ill give them a buzz anyway and see - 30 quid will get bonnet+boot+4 wheel badges from ebay

What the opinions on the carbon fibre bonnet/boot badges ? Saw a few on ebay, not sure what they'd be like in the flesh

Be careful getting them from ebay. The ones from the dealer as defintely made so the badge doesn't fade. Don't know about ebay ones.

I've seen the CF ones in the flesh on a black 520i and if I'm honest I think they would only suit a black/grey BMW. I think they'd look rank on any other colour. Then again that's just my opinion!

Be careful getting them from ebay. The ones from the dealer as defintely made so the badge doesn't fade. Don't know about ebay ones.

I've seen the CF ones in the flesh on a black 520i and if I'm honest I think they would only suit a black/grey BMW. I think they'd look rank on any other colour. Then again that's just my opinion!

The ebay ones look the real deal - hard to know until you seem them alright.

The CF badges are normal blue white colour rather than gray badges.

Hard to know until they fade you mean :P

Oh if they are normal blue and white then I havent a clue!

I doubt they would fade if they're genuine BMW, check the manufacturer listed, most are OEM.

I'd avoid the carbon look stuff, tacky.

I doubt they would fade if they're genuine BMW, check the manufacturer listed, most are OEM.

I'd avoid the carbon look stuff, tacky.

The reason I said they might fade is because how can you be sure that what you're buying is OEM and not something made in Taiwan ;)

• Advertisement

I personally dislike the ///M on the wheel! Its just me! Get it if you want.

As for bonnet badges - BMW released these earlier this month...
    http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/about/news/0,,1156___co-181258900,00.html

As for bonnet badges - BMW released these earlier this month...
    http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/about/news/0,,1156___co-181258900,00.html

Thought that was an April fools joke..

Edit: Just read it - "Political Roundel Attachment Tag (PRAT) " - lol

Thought that was an April fools joke..
    It was! ;)

The reason I said they might fade is because how can you be sure that what you're buying is OEM and not something made in Taiwan ;)

Check out the seller, most of the UK ebay bm sellers are actual bmw dealerships (same goes for many other makes), pretty sure they sell genuine stuff :p, especially when they state that on the item itself.

That's how. ;)

Check out the seller, most of the UK ebay bm sellers are actual bmw dealerships (same goes for many other makes), pretty sure they sell genuine stuff :p, especially when they state that on the item itself.

That's how. ;)

Point taken! I wasn't aware of the fact that they were BMW dealerships. :o

Advertisement