Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting to Blanchardstown - Which route?

• 15-04-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Have to get to Blanchardstown (Navan Road) next Wednesday, need to be there for 6:15. So my options are: driving from town via N3, leaving pearse street at 5 or driving from booterstown dart station at 5:30 to Blanch via M50.

Neither are good options but I'm hoping both would get me there for that time, so any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Have to get to Blanchardstown (Navan Road) next Wednesday, need to be there for 6:15. So my options are: driving from town via N3, leaving pearse street at 5 or driving from booterstown dart station at 5:30 to Blanch via M50.

Neither are good options but I'm hoping both would get me there for that time, so any advice?

Good luck to you to expect to drive the N 3 in an hour at that time of day. The M 50 may be a better bet to be honest; just be prepared for a queue coming onto and off it.

If you are beside the DART you could get it and change for a Maynooth line train at Connolly or Pearse and get off at Casteknock or Coolmine depending on where you need to end up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Train to blanch isn't an option - venue is not near any station. I know the last time I did this is took over an hour, suppose I'm just going to have to deal with the queues

Train to blanch isn't an option - venue is not near any station. I know the last time I did this is took over an hour, suppose I'm just going to have to deal with the queues

Where abouts in Blanch are you heading to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Good luck to you to expect to drive the N 3 in an hour at that time of day.

The N3 has been fine lately, the problem the OP will have is getting out of the city, especially if he plans to use Pearse Street and the quays at 5pm.

Best bet is to switch on Dublin City FM from 4 onwards and they'll update you on how Pearse Street is looking and how far back the N3 will be.

Leaving Pearse Street at 5 should be fine I reckon.

Thanks - town is always the delay. The place I'm going to is actually auburn avenue so any other time of the day I'd go phoenix park but I don't think thats the best option?

• Advertisement

Thanks - town is always the delay. The place I'm going to is actually auburn avenue so any other time of the day I'd go phoenix park but I don't think thats the best option?

If you were driving to Auburn Avenue, I'd probably go through the Park as it tends to move ok if slowly; either it or Navan Road means you are stuck with the quays. The whole D 15 are is awkward to drive to at rush hour so it will be slow

Bear in mind that if you cross the M 50, there is currently no direct access into Auburn Ave from the N 3 so you will either have to come into Blanch and turn at the Bell and the railway station or else head inwards on the N 3 and come across the Phoenix Park station fly over and back again.

Thanks for that Ham'nd'egger, forget about the access problem!

Advertisement