Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expose Live

Options
  • 15-04-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

I attended the Dublin Expose show and it was not worth the €20 at all. The fashion show was ok, the makeup tips were good but the rest was complete rubbish.
    So many of the stalls were selling the kind of cheap tat you see on holidays in Spain etc and the hard sell was incredible. The tarot reading was a complete rip off-€10 for a computer print out when we were told we would get a card reading and palm reading. I know tarot is a bit of a joke but this stall took the biscuit.
    To others thinking of going, unless you plan on stocking up on cheap, badly made bags or buying three items of makeup for €10 avoid this event like the plauge. I think this is a giant jumble sale, tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Cami

I agree-the Xpose fashion show was a complete waste of time! I attended the Off the Rails fashion show a few years ago and it was completely professional. I was shocked when I saw thet the xpose fashion runway was just stuck at the back of the hall! I was waiting to be brought into another hall with the proper runway and seating. When the show started I thought to myself "oh this must be just a side-fashion show"..like a warm up! sadly not! what a waste.

I didnt have VIP THANK GOD! I felt so sorry for them for spending up to 70 euro for nothing but tiered seating which was far away from the runway. They should have been given the seating beside the runway! The best thing about the gift bags were the free crisps!

Finally, yes the shops were terrible apart from one which was near the front door which had loads of pretty dresses on racks.

Other than that, total waste of time. Kind of like RTE vs TV3!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

lazygal wrote: »
    I attended the Dublin Expose show and it was not worth the €20 at all. The fashion show was ok, the makeup tips were good but the rest was complete rubbish.
    So many of the stalls were selling the kind of cheap tat you see on holidays in Spain etc and the hard sell was incredible. The tarot reading was a complete rip off-€10 for a computer print out when we were told we would get a card reading and palm reading. I know tarot is a bit of a joke but this stall took the biscuit.
    To others thinking of going, unless you plan on stocking up on cheap, badly made bags or buying three items of makeup for €10 avoid this event like the plauge. I think this is a giant jumble sale, tbh.

TBH most shows at the RDS tend to feature the same stands selling the same stuff. All that changes is the sign over the door.

Advertisement