Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy racers in Clonmel

Options
  • 15-04-2010 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does Clonmel have bad problem with boy racers? it would seem to me it is pretty bad, would like to hear others views. Lots of cars have out of date tax and or NCT.

I believe some one asked the council if they had any obligation to deal with it. He was on radio but I only heard the end of a recording of it. Not sure if he got a reply.

Has anyone ever reported them to the gardai. What was the result?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Love Tea

I have passed up along the quay 3 times in the last week and on all occasions I came across a garda checkpoint and on 2 occasions they had boy racer type cars pulled in and were going over them with a fine tooth comb.
    I think the problem in Clonmel is as bad as anywhere else but its the likes of the backroad racers that really worry me, Speeding on back roads is only asking for trouble all it would take is someone coming the oppisite way on roads which are barely 2 cars wide and at speed you would not be stopped in time.
    Another black spot for these guys is the carpark up near "powers the pot" on any giving weekend night you'd find them up there diffin and showing off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

There are some right little tossers out there on the streets and on the country lanes at night. Some of them are not in the first flush of youth either. Between the unnecessary and dangerous acceleration on the streets of the town and the unacceptable level of noise from midnight on, they are a cancer in our civic life. With their baseball caps, shell suits and modified cars that would not look out of place in the amusement park in Tramore, they offer society nothing but disturbance and danger.
    If some of these lads (mostly male I think) can spend midnight to 6 am putting lives in danger, I presume they are not working and are in reciept of social welfare. That should be stopped.
    I would dearly love to see one of them hung by the legs from the top of the Main Guard with his modified exhaust stuck up his ass as a deterrent to the rest of em.
    A bit harsh? Well, they clearly have no respect for me or my family so what should these scumbags expect in return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ClonmelHills

I Love Tea wrote: »
    I have passed up along the quay 3 times in the last week and on all occasions I came across a garda checkpoint and on 2 occasions they had boy racer type cars pulled in and were going over them with a fine tooth comb.
    just as a curiosity what time of day was that, I did not see any checkpoint?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

just as a curiosity what time of day was that, I did not see any checkpoint?

Its a regular occurance. Differant times of the day and night to keep them on their toes.

iceage wrote: »
    Its a regular occurance. Differant times of the day and night to keep them on their toes.
    Doesn't work then because they are still around. Checkpoints like that are no good. i could have been boy racer or even uninsured in the period referred to. i did not see any checkpoint and i was in the aerea at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I thought there was less of them around since the down turn in the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

tippspur wrote: »
    I thought there was less of them around since the down turn in the economy.

What the boy racers or the check points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

There was a huge crowd of them up in Tesco's two weeks ago the cops would have had a field day I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

iceage wrote: »
    What the boy racers or the check points!
    Both;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

We have them all over Thurles too. They make noise and only noise everywhere they go, they park together in petrol station forecourts, leave the cars running and proceed to chat before revving the sh!te out of cars while pulling off only to have to stop at a roundabout 6 meters down the road at which point they do it again.

SCURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

We have them all over Thurles too. They make noise and only noise everywhere they go, they park together in petrol station forecourts, leave the cars running and proceed to chat before revving the sh!te out of cars while pulling off only to have to stop at a roundabout 6 meters down the road at which point they do it again.

SCURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did you ever complain them to the garda? What was the response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

the majority of these boy racers have tax and insurance and look after their cars very well.To give out about them for meeting in groups is ridiculous,there is a lot worse things they could be up to....these guys are young and its what all young people do(annoy older folk)...........the noise issue will be dealt with in the future nct tests......chill out folks

gillad wrote: »
    the majority of these boy racers have tax and insurance and look after their cars very well.
    seen several with no tax/nct and some with no insurance
    )...........the noise issue will be dealt with in the future nct tests......chill out folks
    no it won't they will simply change exhausts to pass nct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 delboy1986

seen several with no tax/nct and some with no insurance
    no it won't they will simply change exhausts to pass nct

i think your mixing up boy racers with scangers. most of the people you call boy racers will have tax, nct and insurance on the cars because they know the cops will be checking them. scangers on the other hand drive round in bangers with no tax, nct or insurance because they only drive bangers and the cops wont go near them because its to much hassel

delboy1986 wrote: »
    i think your mixing up boy racers with scangers. most of the people you call boy racers will have tax, nct and insurance on the cars because they know the cops will be checking them. scangers on the other hand drive round in bangers with no tax, nct or insurance because they only drive bangers and the cops wont go near them because its to much hassel
    i am talking of the foolswho need to make noise with their stupid exhausts, whether boy racers or scangers, call em what you will
    and the cops wont go near them because its to much hassel
    don't believe that they do not go near any of them

I presume they are not working and are in reciept of social welfare. That should be stopped.

your spot on on nearly every thing you said there but it doesnt mean they are on social welfare by virtue of the fact they are displaying anti social behaviour. A good portion of the country is on SW at this point in time but it doesnt mean they all go round acting like twats. it is similar to the perception you might have at first about football hooligans in england but fact is a good portion of them have white collar jobs.

I put the behavior of boy racers down to the fact that they are spoilt little b*stards who need a clip round the ear every now and then. i have no problem with anyone having their car looking nice but when you start to make a nuisance of yourself to the general public then its time for some tough love i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

I put the behavior of boy racers down to the fact that they are spoilt little b*stards who need a clip round the ear every now and then. i have no problem with anyone having their car looking nice but when you start to make a nuisance of yourself to the general public then its time for some tough love i think
    +1

Advertisement