Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What paint for estate signs?

• 15-04-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    I've been tasked with touching up the lettering on various estate signs on our estate - just wondering what kind of paint would be best? The signs are made of grey stone (granite?) and the incised letters were previously done in some form of black paint. Is there a specific paint for this purpose or would a standard latex exterior paint do? I have an idea that ordinary exterior paint would soak or bleed into the stone, blurring the letters.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    bobjim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Maybe you could give a local headstone / memorial company a call and ask what they recommend?

Personally I'd be thinking of an enamel type paint, possibly with an additional clear varnish coat over the top to seal it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Alun wrote: »
    Maybe you could give a local headstone / memorial company a call and ask what they recommend?

Personally I'd be thinking of an enamel type paint, possibly with an additional clear varnish coat over the top to seal it.

Enamel will peel i stone i imagine......

Any masonary paint will be fine. obv black. If its black letters

Advertisement