Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone "next generation" upgrade details

• 15-04-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Just got a mailing from vodafone regarding their so called next generation upgrade. I'm on the 3meg package so I'm being moved to the 8 meg speed with a 40gig cap. Can purchase an extra 30gig for €3.99 a month. Any overage is charged at €1 per gig. Note it appears to be download only so I'm guessing upload is uncapped?

attachment.php?attachmentid=110916&stc=1&d=1271333841

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So its eircom's package resold....atleast the option to increase the cap is a good idea I suppose, its something they've been offering for ages even if they don't have it on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

maclek wrote: »
    Any overage is charged at €1 per gig. Note it appears to be download only so I'm guessing upload is uncapped?

I wouldn't make that assumption. ISP's marketing departments tend to not have a clue what they're talking about most of the time. It could be, but you should confirm that it is actually unlimited upload by consulting the terms and conditions of the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

How is it conjestion free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Current terms and conditions say that upload is unlimited - must check my usage stats...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

How is it conjestion free?

How is it NGN? If I'm not mistaken, it's using the same old copper pair...
    Sorrym yes, it's eircom re-sold. That's not NGN either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

RangeR wrote: »
    How is it NGN? If I'm not mistaken, it's using the same old copper pair...
    Sorrym yes, it's eircom re-sold. That's not NGN either.

Vodafone are not calling it "next generation" just "enhanced"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

homer911 wrote: »
    Vodafone are not calling it "next generation" just "enhanced"

Apologies, the OP stated it in their thread subject. It stuck in my head when I was typing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Advertisement