Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deicide

Options
  • 15-04-2010 1:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as many people were somewhat unaware of this, the mighty Deicide are coming! Tuesday the 29th of June, in The Village in Dublin. So if you are a fan of one of the biggest death metal bands around, it'll be well worth it. Tickets are listed here, 24.50 each.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Denny M wrote: »
    Who else is going to this?

Me!! I hate when gigs are on Tuesdays though :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it's pretty inconvienient, I'm just glad it's after my leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

didnt know they were playin again, the village would be cool though, seen them there about 5/6 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

**** me i might have to take a trip up to the big smoke for this one, ive benn getting back into metal ina big way lately

258ox2g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

ah yes fartmaster. Amon: Feasting the Beast

take note peeps the last time Deicide played here, bout 2yr ago, some baldy screamo type occupied the mike. had the charisma of a roadie who stood in at the last minute - there was no Glen so be certain first. don't book in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

FWAHAHAH

many thanks for that, I missed them last time so doubly eager to go now!

also, random semi related question. If the tickets are on tickets.ie is there anywhere else I can buy them or is it restricted to online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Max Power1 wrote: »
    also, random semi related question. If the tickets are on tickets.ie is there anywhere else I can buy them or is it restricted to online?

No it's not just online. I got mine on Saturday in the Sound Cellar €25.50

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bumping just too add (on a semi-related note) that Cannibal Corpse are announced for August, with Suffocation on the next day. Tickets due to go on sale next week sometime, if I get a chance, and if it's needed I'll post details on it for those that want it. Corpse are in the Academy, with Suffocation in Whelans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Star Bingo wrote: »
    ah yes fartmaster. Amon: Feasting the Beast

take note peeps the last time Deicide played here, bout 2yr ago, some baldy screamo type occupied the mike. had the charisma of a roadie who stood in at the last minute - there was no Glen so be certain first. don't book in advance!

yeah that's all sorted now apparently, Glen has had quite a bit of legal stuff to get sorted over the last few years, which was preventing him from touring, certainly tourning internationally.............but now he's back in the touring machine this should be a cracking show.......

this was initially down for Whelans (which would have been truely amazing) but got switched up to the Village, guess the initial reaction to the announcement was big enough to warrant moving it to the larger venue....
    Have my tickets so looking forward to another busy week of gigs at the end of June...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

NIBBS wrote: »
    yeah that's all sorted now apparently, Glen has had quite a bit of legal stuff to get sorted over the last few years, which was preventing him from touring, certainly tourning internationally.............but now he's back in the touring machine this should be a cracking show.......

this was initially down for Whelans (which would have been truely amazing) but got switched up to the Village, guess the initial reaction to the announcement was big enough to warrant moving it to the larger venue....
    Have my tickets so looking forward to another busy week of gigs at the end of June...

Whats the Village like for accessibility?? I don't wanna get smashed to pieces in my chair. :eek:

Whats the Village like for accessibility?? I don't wanna get smashed to pieces in my chair. :eek:

Not sure what it's like for chair access Mickey - the gigs are upstairs - but like I said I don't where/what the access is like, i'd assume that they have a lift in the building they - would be mad to be moving all the gear up and down the stairs there.....best to give them a bell.....
    general entrance is from the back of the venue, just around the corner/lane from the venue entrace for Whelans........sorry I can't be of too much help on this one...

Mickey whats the issue?! btw gettin back down is no easier for anyone. can repay the favour then k ;-
    NIBBS wrote: »

trouble w/ the law had he? Deicide draw a lot of heat over there now theyre a couple of good ole satanic boys touring in their rickety mobile home just wantin to play their songs. they are still notorious for their brand of neo-satanism from 20yr ago

i'd say when the christians see Deicide (killing of a god) are coming to town, they dream of burning buses in the night. also misfortune w/ the law, look at this tale from the tour in Austria

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65901

reminds me of when i was about to board a train out of carlow n got detained as the closest excuse to a 'suspect' a detective could find in the event of having lost the actual bank robbers.. interrogation was fun :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

Got the following mail from tickets.ie today. Rightly pissed off, was looking forward to this one ....
    Deicide
    The Village
    Tue 29/06/10 19:00
    This show has been cancelled.
    On behalf of the promoter we regret to inform you that this show has been cancelled.
    Refunds are available from place of purchase only. If you purchased your ticket online you will be refunded automatically. Please allow up to five working days for your bank to process the refund. Please note that booking and postage fees are non-refundable as per website terms and conditions.

cheers for the heads up. Glenda probs threw a strop

who would prefer they played on anyhow with some random on the mic like last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I was actually going to get tickets and all. Glad they're not being booked again. Unprofessional is what it is.

ah FFS :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Is this another Glen moment? or did they just not sell enough tickets?

"We would like to inform that as of May 30th, 2010, Massive Music decided to put an end to our cooperation with DEICIDE. We are no longer interested in representing the band in Europe neither as a concert agency nor personally. We apologize to all fans for the resultant problems."

it's all there is. make it like they wanna wash their hands of em! like somebody did something despicable! otherwise i guess somebody was 'unprofessional' in some regard.. we'll likely never know.

this tour was dead by june dead by june. dead-by-juuuune..

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's certainly something from the band, the other lads parties involved don't want to go into the details other than to say they are completely pissed off with the band and won't deal with them again - I haven't heard anything from the band itself - but it must be so so frustrating to be dealing with a band that cancels things at the last minute all the time, and seemingly without valid reasons.....

much as I like them I really couldn't be bothered buying tickets to maybe see them sometime in the future, they don't ever seem to give a **** about the fans........when DME made the announcement it was cancelled they said they wouldn't try booking them again and also that the Agents had had enough and were dropping them....

will put it down to a spate of cancellations then. still unknown whether they or the company terminated the entire tour, i'm sure Deicide could do w/ the cash. musta missed one too many shows n they got clipped

Advertisement