Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss growing on Sycamore tree

Options
  • 15-04-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I am concerened about a mature sycamore tree. It has moss growing on it. I think two types, a green carpet kind which is on the base of the tree trunk and a grey white spiky kind growing on the branches. This is a mature tree probably over 50 years old and I really don't want anything to happen to it? Should I be doing something? Is the tree in any danger?
    Any advise would be very welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

The grey white spiky stuff sounds like Lichen which only grows in areas of clean air and is harmless i think but i guess you dont live in the city?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

I live outside a town, so ya very clean air........ good to know it harmless...i just googled it and I think it reomdeer lichen

Advertisement