Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good letting agents?

Options
  • 15-04-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Any tips on good letting agents to use?

I might be going abroad soon for a year or two, and I want to let out my apartment. I think I'll need to use a letting agent. I've already spoken to one big name company and they promise a good service (of course), but the fees are quite high: 8% of annual rent just for letting, and then 10% of monthly rent for managing it after this.

I'm sure there are cheaper letting agents around but perhaps the big name agents would be more likely to let, and get a good rent? I guess they have tenant databases, contacts with big firms in the area etc.

Any renters have opinions on letting agents?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

My advice is dont Skimp on an agent. If they are reputable then they are good. Management can be a funny thing. I have properties in the UK that are managed by a very good company and I have no worries whatsoever. They deal with everything.

At home I have one that I manage myself and its a nightmare. I should really hand it over to an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chopper

As far as I was aware the "10% of monthly rent" was a standard fee from a letting agent in Dublin for managing a property.
    Is that still the case or have other people seen letting agent fees change lately?

[edit] I am aware there is a difference between a 'letting service' and a 'letting and management service'
    I am referring to a letting and management service

Advertisement