Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball vs. UCD Ball - opinions?

Options
  • 15-04-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering which do people think is more fun in general? Friends isn't an issue because a lot of my friends are going to both so obviously if your reason is "none of my friends go to X" that's not what I mean - assuming you have a group at both events which do you find better? Music, atmosphere, setup, are the bouncers ok, what facilities (food, toilets, etc) they have - taking all of these things into account, which event do you enjoy more?

Obviously people who have been to both are best placed to answer this question!

Which is better, if you have been to both? 4 votes

Trinity Ball
    0% 0 votes
    UCD Ball
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

UCD student here.

The two are really different. Trinity Ball is a formal, black-tie event at night whereas the UCD Ball is more like a music festival type of set up during the day and into the evening.

Music - Generally Trinity Ball gets bigger acts with a higher budget. The quality of the acts this year is pretty similar with UCD increasing capacity.

Atmosphere - Really different. I like UCD Ball when it's sunny, it's just a blast. Trinity Ball would be great as well though.

Setup - Nothing to choose from.

They're both deadly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

trinity ball ftw

better run
    better acts
    better fun
    black tie... who doesnt love that.

ucd ball is not a ball, its a piss up on campus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

black tie... who doesnt love that

But imagine you got sick on the suit you hired out ... for instance ... or got it torn, or something. Then you'll have to pay for the damages ...
    ucd ball is not a ball, its a piss up on campus

... like it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 remjem6666

I was posting on another thread about American College Dublin closing. The Ball at ACD is cancelled this year. Is this because it is closing? can anyone confirm?

Advertisement