Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate Floor only leaving One Inch to Cut at end.

• 15-04-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi

Im about to lay a laminate floor, but the problem is when i layed the first lenght of boards, I only have about one inch to trim off from the end. This is going to give a problem with the staggered look, as the joints will be only one inch staggered across the floor.

Any ideas

Thanks
    Ger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your innocence is lovely. Its exactly the same as tiles you build in wastage, Cut the first one in half and use the half on the start of the third row. If my estimates are correct you will waste about 1 plank.

If you are using beeding abv make sure the gap at the end is no bigger than the beeding thickness. If your laying over skirting boards make sure the gap is no thicker than the skirting.

If your using a jogsaw to cut a metal blade (as apposed to the very jagged teeth of a wood blade) works best.

Also using masking tape and a pencil. The masking tape reduces splintering of the laminate however if its being covered you mat not notice it.

lastly if you over 25 get a box of neurophen because your knees and back will be b....tired in the morning.. :D

Advertisement