Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick sea plane!

Options
  • 15-04-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

read in the paper that a sea plane terminal is been put through the planning stages. the possible take off site would be steamboat quay area near the clarion!

it would link Limerick to galway and the arann islands.

another great addition for tourism in Limerick

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Permission-sought-for-sea-plane.6215295.jp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

dave 27 wrote: »
    read in the paper that a sea plane terminal is been put through the planning stages. the possible take off site would be steamboat quay area near the clarion!

it would link Limerick to galway and the arann islands.

another great addition for tourism in Limerick

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Permission-sought-for-sea-plane.6215295.jp

Some good ideas there on that. I especially like the idea of the Steam
    Train running between Limerick and Foynes, would be a great tourist catch especially with there being a stop at Adare. I remember being at my grandparents out that way years ago and being brought to see a steam train at Foynes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

There was one running from Limerick to Shannon for a while.
    That was another great Idea that did not last.

Hope the plane lasts longer.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the hovercraft was cool - never went on it though. Cant understand why my parents wouldnt allow me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

In fairness a seaplane connecting Limerick to Galway is far more useful and practical than a hover craft from Pallaskenry to Steamboat Quay.

The fares for the sea plane are reasonable enough too. Something like €40 each way and if you can't afford to do both trips on the plane they are integrating that your return leg can be with one of the bus companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

Are there any volcanoes in Ireland? :)

The idea is very good. I am happy to buy a ticket. Not even to another city, but over the city, Limerick, half an hour. ... :cool: With great pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

The idea is very good. I am happy to buy a ticket. Not even to another city, but over the city, Limerick, half an hour. ... :cool: With great pleasure.

well the giants causeway is lava rock so technically a volcano could form there eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

they should utilise coonagh airfield more, have a more touristy attraction cos nobody visiting would know about it

Advertisement