Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Boards.ie Drinks - Massimos, Friday 21st

Options
  • 15-04-2010 3:54pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there was a bit of chat in the AH forum about having drinks. I suggested having a Boards.ie in Galway some night during the summer. Anyone interested, open to any date or location if so. I suggest coyotes sometime in June/July to start off with.

Where? 142 votes

Aras na Gael
    0%
    Bierhaus
    9%
    bikoBuglimmoonflowerKriegLadyMayBelleHandsomePetecivis_liberalisEI111GreaneymuskyjshigghairyleprechaunBonitoCypher_sounds 14 votes
    Blue Note
    10%
    Das Kittydr.bollockomoonflowerCaptain DarlingHandsomePetecivis_liberalis[-0-]TomebagelbrainyneuronhairyleprechaunBonitoMagicM83Chris_5339762Columcflynnlives 15 votes
    Cottage Bar
    7%
    bikoCosmo Kdr.bollockoepgc3fyqirnbsxmoonflowerCaptain DarlingHandsomePeteAndrea88spender.jBonitoColumc 11 votes
    Kelly's
    12%
    HoPpiEbikoTriangleBuglimaido179s_carnagemoonflowerJugs82LadyMayBelleHandsomePetecivis_liberalisMeltygandroidUrbanSeashiggbrainyneuronBonitoColumc 18 votes
    Massimos
    9%
    Pompey MagnusbikomoonflowergalwaybabeCaptain Darlingjenno86citycentreKevRconfuseddotcomAndrea88mazthesparkmoonandstarsbrainyneuronBonito 14 votes
    O'Connells
    18%
    JIZZLORDShanleyNauPdr.bollocko[Deleted User]moonflowerCaptain DarlingLadyMayBelleHandsomePeteR28civis_liberalissatcie101My name is URLKevRconfuseddotcommartyboy48Andrea88Rosymmoonandstarsbrainyneuron 26 votes
    Quays
    7%
    bikoSteyr[Deleted User]HandsomePetecivis_liberalisGreaneyconfuseddotcomshigghairyleprechaunBonito 10 votes
    Roisin
    6%
    epgc3fyqirnbsxjenno86civis_liberalisKevRconfuseddotcomAndrea88hairyleprechaunBonitojugger 9 votes
    Sally Longs
    12%
    ZaphobikoNauPScumLordaido179moonflowerCaptain DarlingLadyMayBelleHandsomePetecivis_liberalisconfuseddotcomL.JenkinsbrainyneuronhairyleprechaunJavajunkiespender.jBonitoFunky Kingston 18 votes
    Salthouse
    4%
    moonflowerCaptain DarlingSRFC90civis_liberalisconfuseddotcomBonitoeagle10 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sally Longs
    Cool, once we get a few suggestions I'll create a poll.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sally Longs
    Sweet. Karma off eyre square to finish or anyother night club ye can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Sally Longs
    djhunter30 wrote: »
    Sweet. Karma off eyre square to finish or anyother night club ye can think of.

For real?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sally Longs
    For real?

I don't know Galway that well, I'm sure ye can think of better. Thats why I ask!

Sally Longs
    I don't know Galway that well, I'm sure ye can think of better. Thats why I ask!

IMO, I'd stay away from that side of town, and clubs (unless your 18) and head to the late bars, where there's no pressure to be legging out to queue for a club)
    But alas, I'll admit I am fussy and have preferences for the other side of town, so we'll leave it open :)

• Advertisement

Sally Longs
    Any good spots or late bars so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Sally Longs!! Love that place.

The Roisin

Kelly's

Sally Longs
    Sweet. A late bar and since I don't drink I could DJ.

Sally Longs
    All of what Tri said..
    Blue Note
    Bierhaus
    Massimoes
    Salthouse (altho not many seats)
    Aras na Gael (could be fun...)
    Some ould man pub but they don't have late bars...
    O'connells

Sally Longs
    Anything opening late with a good beer garden. I'm sure that's another thing the masses will want if the weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

I'd suggest starting somewhere quieter first then moving to somewhere else later.

I feel like a number of Galway drinks have been say Friday night in the bierhaus/blue note/etc. and the place is packed and folks who come in have no idea who the boardsies are. Then the thread the next day is a number of "I looked for ye but couldn't find you..." - or maybe these are just excuses ;)

Granted, nowhere might be as crowded these days as it used to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hairyleprechaun

Sally Longs
    Massimo is a cool spot. Beer garden in a late bar, can't think of any. This weather is class, how far away (date) is the event?

O'Connells is a good spot for a sunny day out in their beer garden, not a late bar though.

Bierhaus
    Doisin
    Massimo
    Front Door
    The Quays

Not that ye'd need to start in a place that's a late bar. +1 on what cafecolour said ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

Massimos
    what about the huntsman, the dail bar or the front door maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

O'Connells
    I'd be for any of the above, although as we had the last one in the Salthouse we should try somewhere different. I don't think it has a beer garden either. I think our ultra brilliant ladies get together last week is inspiring great ideas !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Sally Longs
    Dammit OP, ya beat me to it! was just discussing a beers with a friend last night!
    I'd be up for something for sure, maybe sooner than June/July as I'm jealous of the Ladies having 2 organised in a little over a month!
    Perhaps mid-May, 14th or 21st if Friday suits people? also Beer garden sounds good, was thinking of perhaps a Barbecue or would that be too much hassle to organise?:D

Massimos
    bbq sounds good think crowes have a good setup. could just pay when you get there or summit mite be difficult confirm numbers tho

Sally Longs
    Carolyyn wrote: »
    I'd be for any of the above, although as we had the last one in the Salthouse we should try somewhere different. I don't think it has a beer garden either. I think our ultra brilliant ladies get together last week is inspiring great ideas !!

We barely have to try.

Sally Longs
    We barely have to try.

Please share your skills with the rest of us!

Sally Longs
    Please share your skills with the rest of us!

Beauty and brains..:)

Ah no, we stuck up poll and got folk to click all the dates..easier than preferred dates I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

We barely have to try.

I'll bring the big "Boards.ie" sign.

Can everyone please make their own name badges?

• Advertisement

Sally Longs
    Beauty and brains..:)

Ah no, we stuck up poll and got folk to click all the dates..easier than preferred dates I think....

Well Beauty and brains ain't a problem! :pac:
    Who has the power to set up one of those fancy polls?

Does sometime mid May sound good? Are we lookin for a weekend thing or mid-week thing?

Sally Longs
    spender.j wrote: »
    Dammit OP, ya beat me to it! was just discussing a beers with a friend last night!
    I'd be up for something for sure, maybe sooner than June/July as I'm jealous of the Ladies having 2 organised in a little over a month!
    Perhaps mid-May, 14th or 21st if Friday suits people? also Beer garden sounds good, was thinking of perhaps a Barbecue or would that be too much hassle to organise?:D
    I'll bring the big "Boards.ie" sign.

Can everyone please make their own name badges?

Sounds like some good ideas, Barbeque and beer garden! Could nearly stick up a pole with some of the ideas and dates. The 21st of May would be good, I finish college exams around said date.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

O'Connells
    Gwan so.
    I'll go with Massimo's.
    The salt house was the last meet up and it was like drinking in a feckin sauna.
    Feck off with yer night clubs.
    And none of that cross street crap. Buskers, front door, Nauchtons, Dail bar.
    Just no.
    Bad boardsies.

Sally Longs
    The only thing is, I'd have to drive back to Athlone that night which isn't too bad seen as I don't have a place to stay!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

O'Connells
    The only thing is, I'd have to drive back to Athlone that night which isn't too bad seen as I don't have a place to stay!

Cheap hostel might save you the trouble mate. There are loads and you'll be so polluted it's only a bed you're after any how.

Sally Longs
    I'm always up for a good night out, but I don't drink and with the motorway all the way to Athlone, I won't have a problem driving home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Gwan so.
    I'll go with Massimo's.
    The salt house was the last meet up and it was like drinking in a feckin sauna.
    Feck off with yer night clubs.
    And none of that cross street crap. Buskers, front door, Nauchtons, Dail bar.
    Just no.
    Bad boardsies.

+1
    Down the west or maybe the cottage

Sally Longs
    Have it before I leaves for the big smoke!! That is, before the end of May:) (please??) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Later May would probably be best as a few could be tied up with exams.........i.e.(poor me:()

Sorry Lady P, just seeing your post now.....The weekend of the 21st would be good for me as exams are done by then

• Advertisement

Massimos
    ya the 21st of may sounds good to me. think the bbq is a good idea coz would only be boardsies no not being able to find ppl or that and every one loves a good bbq

Advertisement