Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Boards.ie Drinks - Massimos, Friday 21st

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Sally Longs
    So on that note does anyone know places in the west that do Barbecue? also Biko would you be up for a poll re: 14th/21st May and some suggested places?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

Massimos
    crowes bar on bohermore have a pretty good bbq setup and i think the huntsman have too but not certain

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sally Longs
    All sounds good. Think of people that have exams and want to go though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

This deserves a sticky in AH when it's decided. How many Galwegians post there that don't post here? Loads, that's how many.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sally Longs
    Sound idea, but AH should get a tiny bit of input too!

• Advertisement

A sticky before it's decided, then?

Sally Longs
    That would be an idea. I'd look forward to a night in Galway meeting Boardies. Despite public opinion, I'm actually the shy quiet one.

djhunter30 wrote: »
    That would be an idea. I'd look forward to a night in Galway meeting Boardies. Despite public opinion, I'm actually the shy quiet one.

Public opinion?

Sally Longs
    Public opinion?

Ah Im sure people that know me, would say differently.

I...see...

I like the idea of another beers in Galway. The last one I went to was great craic, even if I did end up in Athenry in the end and had to get a train and a bus home. And ate a lot of chocolate.

• Advertisement

Sally Longs
    I...see...

I like the idea of another beers in Galway. The last one I went to was great craic, even if I did end up in Athenry in the end and had to get a train and a bus home. And ate a lot of chocolate.

Random unplanned nights out are the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

O'Connells
    The Merlin Bar??? joke:D
    I'm pretty open regarding the date, but not really fond of the huntsman.
    I'll go anywhere else though..
    Name badges great idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Who are you?

Sally Longs
    Who are you?

The quiet man

Quays
    The Dew drop and then onto the Front door! The cross street/quay street area is the best part of town for going out imo.

O'Connells is a good bet also, good pints and a beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sally Longs
    Later May would probably be best as a few could be tied up with exams.........i.e.(poor me:()

Sorry Lady P, just seeing your post now.....The weekend of the 21st would be good for me as exams are done by then
    Pft, why bother with exams there won't be any jobs when you leave collage anyway. Drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

Sally Longs
    ill do what i can to turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MagicM83

Blue Note
    Up for it!:D

Agree with Lady P on pub preference:

bierhaus
    roisin
    blue note

o'connells great pub too - outside garden always handy if warm!

Sally Longs
    So does anybody want to throw a list together for a poll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Salthouse
    I...see...

That fresh country air, twould be enough to give anyone the munchies....

• Advertisement

That fresh country air, twould be enough to give anyone the munchies....

The air wasn't so fresh in the room I was in when I left. Several litres of Guinness and fourteen kilos of chocolate will do that to a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Salthouse
    The air wasn't so fresh in the room I was in when I left. Several litres of Guinness and fourteen kilos of chocolate will do that to a man.

It took a ten man team from dyno rod to clear out the u-bend.

Sally Longs

Stick a pilot light to your arse and we have a means of burning nazis out of holes.

3e14b457273e30cf804b27c0f07c0faf_fire_ass-2146.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

It took a ten man team from dyno rod to clear out the u-bend.

And that was only our room.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Roisin
    The only thing is, I'd have to drive back to Athlone that night which isn't too bad seen as I don't have a place to stay!

City Link have buses leaving Galway at 01:15, 02:15 and 06:00 (if it was that late a night). If you were to fall asleep on the bus though you would end up in Dublin Airport....

Sally Longs
    KevR wrote: »
    City Link have buses leaving Galway at 01:15, 02:15 and 06:00 (if it was that late a night). If you were to fall asleep on the bus though you would end up in Dublin Airport....

I'd still end up driving home afterwards.

Trí wrote: »
    And that was only our room.:pac:

Sorry about that, I got lost on the way back from the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sally Longs
    Poll added with suggestions from above posts.
    Once we've set a place I'll add dates so feel free to start suggesting dates.
    If you have an suggestion that's not on the list let me know and I'll add it.
    Don't slag suggestions! Different people have different tastes, pls respect that.

If you make the commitment then do your utmost to clear your calendar and actually show up. Votes are public.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

+1 for the Dew Drop. I'd be on for this. Good idea.

I'll be sitting on my high stool in 95 minutes from now, thats about 12:15 to watch the United-City match. Feck this working on Saturday's craic.

Stick on a pint for me there Benny.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Salthouse
    Just bear in mind that O'Connells has an over 21's policy, so it may not suit everyone. Other than that the suggestions are good, I'll try to come.

Advertisement