Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Boards.ie Drinks - Massimos, Friday 21st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

spender.j wrote: »
    Massimos looks like the popular choice, plenty of space in there anyway... How do people feel about the 21st of May? Friday eve, weekend coming up, everyone in a good mood and hopefully good weather?:p

Sounds good.....

O'Connells
    I'm up for it. Will actually add a reminder on my phone so I don't forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Unfortunately, I can't make the 21st. Hope you kids have fun though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sally Longs
    Gone touring the Country around that date, in Letterkenny the night before and then Galway that night hopefully. Anyone want to go and enjoy the LKIT student break on the 20th before the Galway booze cruise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Sally Longs
    21st is a suggestion only, if there are other days that suit people better then by all means offer them up and there can be a poll added for most popular date. don't want to exclude people unnecessarily!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sally Longs
    I did previously suggest June/July when it would be less of an inconvience for people with college and exams, but May 21st seemed to just crop up!

Sally Longs
    Yeah, I was the one that originally suggested it, I just reckon we could have one in May then another in July... no need for either of them to be an exclusive occasion... :P

Sally Longs
    spender.j wrote: »
    Yeah, I was the one that originally suggested it, I just reckon we could have one in May then another in July... no need for either of them to be an exclusive occasion... :P

I suppose, why didn't that cross my mind! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Kelly's
    Massimos is a good place to have a nice little meet up, and if people say they are going, someone could talk to the bar manager and try and book the back room(in the back left of the bar) for the boards crowd so we know were the people are.

Most people are finished college in the end of May and I think town and various bars will be quite packed. If we do a bit more organising on a date in June where everyone agrees on we could get ourself a nice crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd definitely be interested in a meetup but I'll need a bit of warning to drag myself up from Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sally Longs
    At the moment Massimos is the lead followed by Roisin.

The only date I heard so far is May 21st.
    I've taken the liberty of adding a few more at the end of May so people have four weeks to prepare.
    I had to remove some of the least popular options to do this.

Edit, feck just realised people who have voted already can't vote again for a date.
    Ok, I'll set up a date thread :)

Sally Longs
    Alright, how about we add a few dates in June and July, so more people are potentially free and less inconvienenced by exams and the weather is possibly just as good. After all my gassing about a drinking session I might not be able to make it on the 21st because I'll be in Letterkenny the night before doing pretty much the same thing and will have to work that night to recupe some spent funds before I can head off for another night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Dammit can't go that date, boyfriend's birthday. Next time! :rolleyes:

Sally Longs
    When is good for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Blue Note
    All 4 are suitable so I voted accordingly.

Sally Longs
    See other thread for dates.

If we put dates too far away people will say yes now and then make other plans come summer. We'll stick with what we have now and have another Beers too some time in August/September.

Sally Longs
    Fair enough, I see your point!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm in boston from the 27th :D

So I'd only be available the first two dates.

Sally Longs
    My preference is the 21st but should be free any of those dates! looking forward to it...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

21st Sounds good here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Sally Longs
    All the dates are good so picked all of them, though the 28th/29th would be better as I start 2 weeks hols from work on the Sat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Can't do May 21st. The brother's birthday :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

O'Connells
    ^^^
    Sure bring the whole party to it:D
    My diary is pretty bare lately so any date is fine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd love to meet some of you guys one nite. Any day is good for me.

Kelly's
    By the looks of it 21st of May is the winner, and massimos is the winenr in the pub we should go to. I think someone should take the innitaive and go to massimos and try and book the room in the back(back left of the bar) for te boards crowd. If no one does it ill be back in galway on Monday and I will do it, unless people dont want to go that place and date.

Sally Longs
    Mightn't be a bad idea to ask alright but it is still 3 weeks away... booking it may be a little premature. I'm looking forward to it though!:D

Sally Longs
    From experience usually only half actually show up so it shouldn't be a problem even if we don't get a table. I'll be in the smoking area mostly anyway :D

Kelly's
    aye, been to a few beers myself, but the times that i went, was when i knew people at it and can locate them in a bar, i have always poped into beers, but never could tell who are boardies and who arent. Thats the reasoning why i think a booking of an area might be a good idea. The other thing is someone who is diffnetly going to be there ,tell what exactly they are wearing and were they will be, be it smking area or otherwise.

hopefully we will get a good few people coming to this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Quays
    Columc wrote: »
    hopefully we will get a good few people coming to this one.

We can always HOPE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Sally Longs
    I'll be there, running high on the succes fo the ladies one!
    Ah now, looking forward to it as I will be college free:)

Advertisement