Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Boards.ie Drinks - Massimos, Friday 21st

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I might be there. (I'm a wimmin, but not a girlie or a lady.)

The #33 bus goes close to Massimos. I won't be catching it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Salthouse
    Whoohoo, I can make it! (I don't get out much, can you tell?)

Should be interesting to put some faces to the names, even though I'm not that active on the Galway forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I might go. I wasn't going to but the mister has other plans so I might as well go out too or else I'll be stuck either a) at home alone with my cat (and my dog, which is slightly less stereotypically sad but sad nonetheless) and/or b) playing taxi, lame

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

I'll pop in for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

might go, if not then see you guys in supermacs afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I am going to a gig but will try to pop in, didn't think I was here!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bother, I knew there was something I'd forgotten about this week.

It's been a full on week between interviews and temping and starting a retail job. Am exhausted and feet are wayyyy sore. Next time.

O'Connells
    Nice to meet everyone. Great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

Sally Longs
    good to meet everyone. thanks for the good night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A good night, nice to meet some of you, maybe some more at the next !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sally Longs
    Great night :D
    About 10 people or so showed up.
    Cartoon thieves on stage.
    I'm hung over today.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

I see some people even had the composure to sit at their comp, type out and submit a post at 2 am, just back from the drinks, blind-bolloxed in some cases (last time I saw them), or catching the first plane to London in the morning in others... well, that is truly IMPRESSIVE :D:D:D

It was good meeting everyone. Lovely night.

Salthouse
    I was in Massimos with another group, I asked around a small bit but got shy when i got some funny looks :D.

I'm in a state now... hope you all had a good night anyway.

I remember askin at the bar where the table was reserved for boards, but the girl must have thought it was a bit funny I couldn't find the people I was lookin for myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sally Longs
    Our table was up next to the stage, behind the aquarium.
    Then moved further in when the band started up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Sally Longs
    Great to meet everyone there, apologies for arriving late and already tipsy. To the couple I was chatting to, I can't remember your names:o, would you send me a pm? cheers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

was very nice to meet you all last night and put a real name to the user name. Look forward to the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

O'Connells
    Hi great to meet you all on Friday night !! it was fun chatting to everyone. The night just fle by. Hi to the lads from Mayo, my "neighbours", who just lurk around here sometimes ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I arrived very late, and a little tipsy.. I walked up to 3 random groups of strangers muttering boards, and got the oddest looks! I resigned myself to the failure, and proceeded to go and talk sh*te as usual with some 'non boards' friends who were equally as tipsy by the door.

Sounds like it was a good night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

Sally Longs
    Sounds like a great night . I'm really sad i didn't make it . I was away with friends and was too hungover on Friday to travel back to Galway :D

I will NOT go drinking the night before the next one ! Hope you all had a great night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Salthouse
    Was really nice to meet all those I did. Apologies for extra-late arrival, I couldn't make it in any earlier but was going anyway so I just said I'd pop in in the end, which I'm glad I did now as it was nice to meet up. :-)

Am usually good with faces and names but if ya add user-names to the mix I'm in trouble lol! But I think I got to meet most except for 1 or 2?

For those that went under the guise of "just co-incidentally happening to be in Massimo the same night" shame on you !! :) How sly is that??!! :cool: Checkin' us out so ye'd be able to make a run for the hills!!! :p:rolleyes: Tsk tsk!!:D

For those that made it there but didn't get to us, what I did was get another girl's number, or make contact with some-one else on here who is also going to meet up before-hand or something like that. It's hard enough to find yer group of people ya do know when walking into a large busy Pub on your own, never mind folk ya don't know!

Would I be right or wrong in saying that there seemed to be a lot more interest on the Thread rather than the numbers that actually did go?! :rolleyes::D It would have been cool to have more people there too! :)

I think 1/2 had suggested taking in a couple of Pubs in the night, which might have been an idea; - a change of scenery to keep the pep up lol in the latter part when things were stalling towards the end of the night ..... (No offense intended b.t.w. just mentionning it; things either take off or subside around the half-1 mark don't they?! Or maybe that's just me lol?! :) ) But I guess folk were all just heading away then anyway with the long week being over etc., so each to their own! :-) But it was fun :-)

Will there be any more nights like this arranged again soon lol??!!
    :D:D

Don't know if folk would be interested, but would anyone be up for a Day-Night-trip thingy lol to the Aran Islands before the end of the Summer?! :):cool: Maybe if a few were, we could organise it for discounted rates as a group ...... Just throwing it out there ...... :D

• Advertisement

Salthouse
    For those that went under the guise of "just co-incidentally happening to be in Massimo the same night" shame on you !! :) How sly is that??!! :cool: Checkin' us out so ye'd be able to make a run for the hills!!! :p:rolleyes: Tsk tsk!!:D
    I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not but that was a legitimate excuse :mad:

I wish I'd actually found you guys because I stayed with another group and we ended up in CP's and it got very messy.:rolleyes: That isn't my idea of a good night out either tbh...
    For those that made it there but didn't get to us, what I did was get another girl's number, or make contact with some-one else on here who is also going to meet up before-hand or something like that. It's hard enough to find yer group of people ya do know when walking into a large busy Pub on your own, never mind folk ya don't know!
    I'll get someone's number for next time. It crossed my mind but it was a bit late when I thought of it.
    Will there be any more nights like this arranged again soon lol??!!
    :D:D
    I know it doesn't carry much weight with me saying it since I never met with yee at all, but I'd be up for it definitely.
    Don't know if folk would be interested, but would anyone be up for a Day-Night-trip thingy lol to the Aran Islands before the end of the Summer?! :):cool: Maybe if a few were, we could organise it for discounted rates as a group ...... Just throwing it out there ...... :D
    Going to Aran for an overnighter isn't as cheap as you might think. Not shooting it down, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Salthouse
    Some day I'll actually make it to a boards beers, without getting sidetracked on the way there. Ended up down at the Arch for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Salthouse
    Going to Aran for an overnighter isn't as cheap as you might think. Not shooting it down, just saying.

Oh right, well to be honest I hadn't checked costs or anything, it was literally just a suggestion gauging interest, but if it's costly I would imagine it's a non-runner from the get-go. :) I usually don't have good ideas anyway lol knowing me:rolleyes::) so don't worry. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Corvin

Good to hear you had a great night. I wanted to come but my housemate was moving out the weekend so there was a little goodbye-party.
    I will be there next time. Maybe some night in June?

Advertisement