Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SHOCKER - Reid pulls out of the Watson fight

• 15-04-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

http://www.tomkongwatson.com/?page_id=23

Statement from Tom's site. Apparently Mrs Price hadn't bothered getting into fight shape, so has pulled out.

What a disrespectful cock.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Sounds like he was really taking the p!ss there - a weeks holiday 4 weeks before the fight and he still insisted he was going to fight?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭cletus

Virgin Media are going to be seriously pissed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Knob

What a complete cnut.
    Edit:
    heres the whole blog entry.
    It is now officially true, my fears have become reality… Alex Reid has pulled out of the fight with me on May 15th. I was informed almost two weeks ago that Alex was complaining of a knee injury and was asking for the fight date to be moved. Bamma asked to have their Doctor examine Alex to which he refused and stated that it was no problem he was definetly going to fight in May. He then proceeded to do many public interviews (This Morning) and press to promote his show ‘The fight of his Life’. At this point Bamma wanted to try and line up a replacement but after Alex had publicly done such press for the fight CPL chose to air the programme on bravo this Monday to eventually coincide with the fight in May. This convinced everyone involved including myself that Alex would be fighting. Alex then decides to take a holiday to Egypt for a week just four weeks out from the fight. I found this very strange and questioned his intentions as did Bamma. He then again told Bamma, CPL and Virgin Media he was going to fight. Upon Bamma constantly questioning his lack of dedication, Alex’s representatives (his Lawyer) stated that he is just not in shape and is not prepared enough to fight. From my perspective I am so angry at the way he has disrespected me in his behaviour. I fought and signed to MFC in feb and won quickly with a KO so could have fought immediately in March, April or also on the MFC on May 7th. He has shown no concern for the money I have spent travelling back and forth and in camp for this fight. My cornerman for May has a medical issue which means he has to paid out of his own pocket to fly first class from Canada for May. All of this money Im sure Alex has no concern for now he is living of his celebrity wife but for me as a fighter trying to make enough money just to be able to eat and pay my rent I am seriously out of pocket. Bamma have been great offering to pay my fight purse for the fight but this does not represent who I am. I do not wish to collect a purse for doing nothing, I have already sold just over 12k worth of tickets for the fight and do not wish to let these people down. Sure many of them will want refunds from Bamma which they will get but what about the fans I have that have already booked hotels, flights and like me scheduled there life to fit around this date. I am now working with bamma and my mangement to bring in a top American opponent last minute. I just wish I’d had more time to prepare for whoever that style may be but hey this is what REAL FIGHTERS do. Enjoy your new lifestyle and fame Mr Reid because Im sure its not only me but many other people now who categorise you as a complete JOKE with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Maybe now people will realise he is a media hungry clown and not a martial artist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

cant beleive this, just when things were goin good for him, and gainning some respect back as a fighter and person, he does this? ****in cross dressin joke and we all no that silly HO will drop his ass like a hot plate when someone wit a higher celeb status comes along.
    OK got to go now, im off to verbally rape this dress wearing pansy on twitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Thread locked - nothing but abuse on this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement