Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Bottom Pans

Options
  • 15-04-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm looking to buy some new pans, like for cooking stewing beef etc. Heavy based pans for long slow cooking. Where would be the best place to look? Also I don't have much money to spend so if anyone knows where I could get some not expensive ones that would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Aldi are doing the casserole dishes with lids at the mo, they aren't huge though but should be big enough to make a stew for 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

TKMaxx is great for picking up that sort of thing. If make stews a lot you should consider buying a slow cooker though, they're really good and not all that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Aldi are doing the casserole dishes with lids at the mo, they aren't huge though but should be big enough to make a stew for 4.

couldnt see this one their site. Got a link or a price? Im in the same boat as the OP, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

+1 for TKMaxx.
    +1 for slow cookers.

If you can stretch to it though, a pressure cooker sounds like the best option. Without lid, it's a good heavy pot; with lid, you can simmer a stew for 8 hours in just under 2. Only problem is the cost, but if you get a small one rather then the traditional catholic family size model (seriously, you could have fit two small children in the cooker I inherited from my mother), the cost could be managable - and they last forever (my inherited one is older than I am and still works fine).

Advertisement