Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anybody recommend a good dermatologist?

Options
  • 15-04-2010 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Within the city centre or close would be ideal, I think I am suffering from Rosecea and it's about time I address it so any recommendations will be brilliant, thanks a million in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

hi,

Dr Bart Ramsay is the main derm in the mid-west region. He is damn good (speaking from personal experience); however, there is usually a fairly long waiting period to see him (was told to expect up to a year by my GP - i was lucky in that i have a rare condition, which is an interest of his, so i got to see him after a 2-3 month wait).

He works from the regional, but has private rooms or whatever they call it at the top of O'Connell avenue. I think he does this once a week, rest of the time he is in the regional. Even though he is good and has helped me enormously, be prepared for a big fee for consultation (€200 iirc around Jan).

I am aware of another derm in Barrington's Medical Centre, a Dr Khan. Again, it would be costly to see her. I found her useless, but that is just my opinion.

Hope the above helps.

Advertisement