Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetfighter.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Fair play Dan,

I'm happy to help with Twitter, (My day job is running social media sites for a large company,) and I'm pretty much logged into twitter 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Right-o A-trak is now in charge of the twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orim wrote: »
    Right-o A-trak is now in charge of the twitter account.

Couldn't get rid of it fast enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Did we not already have a facebook (I dunno I don't use those things myself) Thinks it was kneecaps that set it up

Sisko wrote: »
    Did we not already have a facebook (I dunno I don't use those things myself) Thinks it was kneecaps that set it up

We have a group but with a page is displayed more prominently on peoples pages and it gives us more options to do stuff like ads.

• Advertisement

Ah okay cool.

Had a look at the twitter there,

lol @ there being a shoryuken.ie that has noting to do with street fighter. they should give the name to us, tsk tsk :p

oh btw

If your looking for an image to use there's always this one from the fighting games Ireland youtube channel : http://i2.ytimg.com/i/1GbvEiHMngjUz6ZlVtNkGQ/1.jpg?v=8b7c62

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Have added video galleries from Inferno 8 and Dragonslayers 3.3. Picture gallery from Inferno 7. Twitter links to the acc that was set (Cheers Orim and A-Trak!). Added the results from Saturday as a news post and updated the player list to the proper one.

I was trying to get an IRC plugin which would embed in the site and would bring you straight to our chan, but all of them are blocked by Quakenet. A link will have to do.

I'm also trying to get something to show up a "featured post" at the top of the site to highlight important events etc (as ayjay suggested).

Just try not to break the site again :pac:

!...yea.

Got irc working though http://www.streetfighter.ie/?page_id=116 :pac:

Congrats Jim on getting IRC working within the site! Fair play.

I'd just like to say, there's an issue with the site looking odd in internet explorer.

Can everyone do us a favor and check the site in their browsers to see if its working okay?

Firefox and chrome run fine.

**edit**

nvm Jims fixed it!

• Advertisement

Tech TV, a well followed and respected Tech/game site have linked to us for our tourney for super and on their front page too! - clicky

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Wow things are really taking off. A-Trak showing off those PR skills on the twitter. Really great guys :)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Wow things are really taking off. A-Trak showing off those PR skills on the twitter.

Hah, just wait till I get into the office tomorrow, have access to my outlook address book and most importantly, I'm on the clock!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

So that's how you earned that awesome car ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Good call on the facebook and twitter.

Down with the kids and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Down with the kids and all that.

next up is the Bebo page and then we'll put stuff up on napster and then all the base will belong to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Cool story brah

/srk :p
    I don't get it...........

Ken B wrote: »
    Think he meant "Cool story brah" as a usual SRK quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Some stats for the first 5 days
    • 548 Visits
    • 296 Absolute Unique Visitors
    • 4.03 Pages/Visit

List of countries in order of most visits
    1. Ireland
    2. United Kingdom
    3. Colombia
    4. United States
    5. Sweden
    6. Germany
    7. Czech Republic
    8. France
    9. Spain
    10. Brazil
    11. Canada
    12. Indonesia

• Advertisement

Ken B wrote: »

Sorry I was doing an impression of the kinda posters that are on SRK. Its a kind of forum meme thing people do to be assholes basically, very American kinda thing , its all over srk.

NSFW : http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Cool_story_bro

Kinda amusing at 1st when used as it was meant to be, but it quickly started getting spammed around the place and became the default 2nd post in many threads.

Anyway. :pac:

Making Streetfighter.ie pop up more in google!

New guy recently posted on the forums , said he was googling Irish street fighter tournaments or something and eventually found a facebook page leading to the forums.

How can we make it so people googling anything to do with ireland and streetfighter and so forth get our site as an early enough result?

How can we make it so people googling anything to do with ireland and streetfighter and so forth get our site as an early enough result?

We need to get streetfighter.ie linked to by other popular sites, as well as increase the hits.

Yeah totally, btw this may be silly but I assume capcom would have no issue with us using the name streetfighter.ie...right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah totally, btw this may be silly but I assume capcom would have no issue with us using the name streetfighter.ie...right?

I'm pretty sure they don't.

I'm also pretty sure if they did, they couldn't do anything about it. It's just a word and we're not claiming to be official.

Aye, used to quite a common practice to register obvious company URLs and then sell them back to them for $$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I think you can tell google to make you more visable. The link is here

Accidentally posted in wrong thread!

We have Google Analytics installed which optimises the site for you. I think all we can do now is try to get the site more exposure ourselves and it'll creep up the results.

I suppose what I'm thinking is more of how youtube works, the tag system.

What I mean is if people search words in google like tournament ireland street fighter irish fighting games scene community etc etc is there not a way to have such a combination of words like that to lead to the site? Like how it works with youtube tags?

I'm just wondering how it works basiclly.

Would anyone be able to tell me how I may be able to get into contact with the managers of this site? I could find nothing on the site itself on how to contact them. I'm a professional journalist and website who is interested in affiliation and discussing other opportunities with the site.

We got this on the facebook page. I've told him that the best bet is the forums but alternatively I've created a gmail account (i know we could probably have an @streetfighter.ie account but I didn't have access and I wanted something to put up)

The e-mail is streetfighterire@gmail.com. Again if anyone wants access let me know.

• Advertisement

There's an email address admin@streetfighter.ie, I'll set up a contact page now.

I'm also looking into setting up proper user accounts on the site which might also have emails, so we could have a few people with @streetfighter.ie

Advertisement