Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetfighter.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Okay I've changed the e-mail to the streetfighter.ie account and I guess we can forget about the gmail one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This should be interesting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »
    This should be interesting.

Actually I'd think it's more than interesting, it's a sign we really should start formalising stuff. We're doing stuff on the fly here.

Actually I'd think it's more than interesting, it's a sign we really should start formalising stuff. We're doing stuff on the fly here.

Discussion is on. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055885571

But I agree we nee to formalise and start making plans. We're getting past the stage where we can afford to do things as they come up.

In other news I would like a streetfighter.ie e-mail. :pac:

Orim wrote: »
    Discussion is on. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055885571

But I agree we nee to formalise and start making plans. We're getting past the stage where we can afford to do things as they come up.

In other news I would like a streetfighter.ie e-mail. :pac:

Dude, I splitted that thread. Back of the class. :)

But yeah I am going to have a think about it and say what I have to say tonight (been thinking it over for a while, wanted to get the head straight).

• Advertisement

I know the feeling doom , I reckon that's how a lot of people are given the lack of discussion on in thread itself.

I know the feeling doom , I reckon that's how a lot of people are given the lack of discussion on in thread itself.

Well, if we go down that route, we need to do it right. That's why I have been quiet on the subject. I don't want us to rush into it but I think we need to do something.

Well, if we go down that route, we need to do it right. That's why I have been quiet on the subject. I don't want us to rush into it but I think we need to do something.

I agree, which is why I've been doing the opposite. We need to discuss it and make sure we find any and every point of contention. With everyone being quiet about then it either won't get done or we'll end up rushing into it.

Yeah again I'm on the same page as Dan here. I totally understand the hesitation, but there needs to be discussion and a hell of a lot of it :D & on the forums too , no point half of us talking about it on IRC and the other half on the forums etc etc

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

If you don't mind me knocking my two cents in !

The forum link needs to reference that it's going to a new site (here at boards.ie) or else open in a new window. At the moment anyone who doesn't know about the structure of the community could be confused landing in a fighting games forum on another site.

Maybe get a streetfighter.ie sub forum here in fighting games ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If you don't mind me knocking my two cents in !

The forum link needs to reference that it's going to a new site (here at boards.ie) or else open in a new window. At the moment anyone who doesn't know about the structure of the community could be confused landing in a fighting games forum on another site.

Maybe get a streetfighter.ie sub forum here in fighting games ????
    I hear ya Pat. Originally I had it going to a page saying our forums were hosting by boards.ie and a link etc, but I prefer it just going straight to the site. I might have it open in a new window/tab as you said. I wouldn't like to get a new or sub forum for the site at present as it would split the community a bit. But it's worth a thought somewhere down the line.

Regardless though, the charter is at the top of the forum, people need to read it regardless.

Also, what are the mods thoughts on the site linking directly to the forum. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in including the link.

I'd say its fine.

One possibility would be to have the link say Forums@Boards.ie instead of just forums. If theres a way to mess with fonts or something to make that look good without the tab being way too big.

| Forums |
    |@Boards.ie|

For example.

Yeah jim that direct link isn't good. It would put me off if that happened.

Needs to be some kinda of warning.

Pro wrestling style profiles could be a fun and funny addition to the site actually...

Name: Doctor DooM

Main: Guile

Second: Honda

Signature move: The air throw of irritation

Motto: "When in doubt I sonic boom"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah no Doomy.
    It's actually:
    Signature moves: Doom Throw, Doom Fist, Doom Laugh.

Mine would be:

Name: Kikimaru/K.O. Kiki

Main: ??
    Secondary: !?!

Signature moves: Random Pick, Random Move.

Motto: Who do I main TODAY?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Pro wrestling style profiles could be a fun and funny addition to the site actually...

Name: Doctor DooM

Main: Guile

Second: Honda

Signature move: The air throw of irritation

Motto: "When in doubt I sonic boom"

I was thinking of something similar too. SRK has this thing where people introduce themselves, kinda like an online meet and greet. Its a good way to put faces and personalities to our online names. Like this.

The profiles could then be linked to in the player list section of the site

I've had exactly the same idea , just also including a pic from one of the tourneys and a

'Weapon of choice' where the player can add a small pic of their stick if they want.

I'm gonna be helping Jim out after college is over so 2 weeks or so. This would take a lot of work but I aim to have a little profile for all players who want one.

Probably as part of the player list page. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

The player list definitely needs tidied up a bit. Right now it's just a really huge list that's hard to read. Maybe make it wider so you can fit in 2 players per row instead of just the one, since it's a lot of wasted space on the screen at the moment.

Even alternating between lighter and darker gray for each row might help separate them a little?

Vyze wrote: »
    Even alternating between lighter and darker gray for each row might help separate them a little?

That's a good ides.

I was also thinking that it might look better if you could the three going across rather than down. So it would be :

PS3 | X-Box | GFWL

It would make it a smaller list and it would be easier to find the system you are looking for rather than having to scroll down for ages if you want to find someone on PC. I would say remove the boards names if needed to fit them in.

Orim wrote: »
    That's a good ides.

I was also thinking that it might look better if you could the three going across rather than down. So it would be :

PS3 | X-Box | GFWL

It would make it a smaller list and it would be easier to find the system you are looking for rather than having to scroll down for ages if you want to find someone on PC. I would say remove the boards names if needed to fit them in.
    That's a pretty good idea. It means then you know to just look at the left/middle/right column depending on your system of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'd say its fine.

One possibility would be to have the link say Forums@Boards.ie instead of just forums. If theres a way to mess with fonts or something to make that look good without the tab being way too big.

| Forums |
    |@Boards.ie|

For example.

Maybe do it like the way the links work to the MEDIA sections?

Untitled-3-2.png

The Boards.ie part would link directly to here, but clicking the FORUMS button leads to a page on SF.ie explaining that the forums are on Boards?

Something like this for player list http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=62 ?

Just as a test, going to change the padding and colour etc to make it look a bit better. I'm also looking into the ideas of user profiles etc, just trying to figure out the best way to do it atm.

I've changed the forum link to just "Forums@Boards.ie".

Keep any ideas ye have coming btw, I'm a bit silent as I try to see how feasible some of them are.

Jim wrote: »
    Something like this for player list http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=62 ?

Just as a test, going to change the padding and colour etc to make it look a bit better. I'm also looking into the ideas of user profiles etc, just trying to figure out the best way to do it atm.

I've changed the forum link to just "Forums@Boards.ie".
    That's a lot better just list all the players at once and list their 360/PSN/GFWL names. Maybe you could also add little icons next to the names for each game they play?

e.g. Name1 - 360ID1 [SF4] - PSNID1 [BB] [T6]

It means rather than listing 360 and PSN players separately, you only need to list them once. Plus you get to mention everything they play and not SF. Though if you just want to focus on SF4, you could maybe just add a tick next to which online IDs they use to play SF4 since they likely only own it for one of their consoles.

Just an update on things I'm doing...

Refining the player list
    Fixing the event page so the CSS works with it properly as it does with the rest of the site
    I might add a tutorial section to the Media page to feature stuff like Ramza's Ken vids etc
    Proper user profiles with a login etc as was discussed above
    I plan on adding a couple of more people as writers to the site

Btw, we're now appearing second in google results for "street fighter ireland" and "streetfighter ireland" !

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jim, I'd be happy to be a writer on the site, if that'd be okay with you :)

Keep up the good work

I'd also be perfectly happy doing so Jim.

I'm already used to this writing on the internet stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

The site is looking savage.
    I'd be happy to write some stuff if the opportunity was there:D

I just noticed my cousin posted about blazblue on the facebook page.

Small world.

• Advertisement

I just noticed my cousin posted about blazblue on the facebook page.

I was wondering what the connection was.

Advertisement