Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetfighter.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »
    I was wondering what the connection was.

It'd be weird if he showed up for casuals.

In other news, where's the write up for yesterday? Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It'd be weird if he showed up for casuals.

In other news, where's the write up for yesterday? Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately due to slightly foreseen circumstances it's not possible to get the write-up for yesterday.

I'm working on something for our Super launch next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Twitter hasn't been updated in a while. There's been three new posts since the last tweet which could have been used as well as numerous other things like sharing the Daigo vs JWong match up. Even commenting on it would produce some relevant material. Alot of people use twitter as a blog feed too, let the media flow!

I don't believe in spamming but a good website twitter account should have around 2 - 5 tweets a day. With SF as the main topic, this shouldn't be too difficult. Facebook is no different. Make StreetFighter.ie look active and alive!

Also don't forget to use #tags where appropriate. things like #ssfiv and #streetfighter will give exposure much more since the US launch of the game was today and everyone will be hyped about it. The next couple of weeks will be buzzing.

I'll happily lend a hand to the social media side of things since it's what a partly do professionally anyways. If not, at least take my advice and use this time to bump up StreetFighter.ie's name!!!!!!

Would anyone be interested in an SF.ie t-shirt?

I got an estimated quote of €11:50 per t-shirt, for an order of 20. This is a coloured t-shirt with the logo printed on the front. I was thinking dark green as per the site.

I'd get one and monkeyto said he'd get one. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'd be down for one. Do you know what the printing is going to like though? Don't want a mad cheap one :/

Also, not 100% sure what the craic is with using the logo as its a capcom copyright?

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    I'd be down for one. Do you know what the printing is going to like though? Don't want a mad cheap one :/

Also, not 100% sure what the craic is with using the logo as its a capcom copyright?

This is the website I've been looking at : http://www.tshirts.ie

They seem alright. I thought about the logo but I don't think there would be an issue with copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I got an estimated quote of €11:50 per t-shirt, for an order of 20. This is a coloured t-shirt with the logo printed on the front. I was thinking dark green as per the site.

What sizes can you get Orim? I wouldn't be able to get one at the moment, but in the near future?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

We use a place in town called Camden Clothing - you can bring your own tshirts if you prefer ( which we do and get good quality ones in Penneys or similar for €2.50 - €3.00 ) Printing / Embroidery works out at €5.00 per shirt AFAIK with straight forward printing theres no set up fees - with emboridery they have to convert the image to a stitch pattern etc and there is a one off fee for that. You could end up with quality t-shirts for around €8.00 each. If you want an introduction give me a shout. :)

We use a place in town called Camden Clothing - you can bring your own tshirts if you prefer ( which we do and get good quality ones in Penneys or similar for €2.50 - €3.00 ) Printing / Embroidery works out at €5.00 per shirt AFAIK with straight forward printing theres no set up fees - with emboridery they have to convert the image to a stitch pattern etc and there is a one off fee for that. You could end up with quality t-shirts for around €8.00 each. If you want an introduction give me a shout. :)

Would they do same day printing? I'd love to get some t-shirts for Saturday to add to the occasion.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Would they do same day printing? I'd love to get some t-shirts for Saturday to add to the occasion.

To be honest with you it's normally a few days turnaround - they are a very busy place. I'd imagine there would be a hefty premium to get stuff turned around in one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Fantastic idea Dan I am WELL up for this , and yes it would be sweet to have some on the day.

Site should be accepting user registrations now (bottom right) so you can login to leave comments etc and have a proper profile. Going to be looking into expanding the profile with more info relating to games etc and linking it into our player list.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads,

Considering bringing the doomcam tomorrow for recording some footage for the site.

I'm super busy at the mo so I have no problem handing over the SD card for you to do to the footage what you will (as long as Jim doesn't lose it in France).

I'm not great with this stuff so maybe someome like sisko'd like to record etc as the day goes on? I don't think actual game footage is that important in this case?

In fact there's a possibility I could bring two, and as long as dreddy brings the tripod we could record the tournament too.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

bring the cam!

I can record stuff on the day if needed (matches, general stuffs) and edit them afterwards as well. I can also bring an extra Tripod if needed.

I'm booking my tickets to France now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hey jim, did u use SFIR for the fonts? or did it come with the wordpress theme, looks nice!

i didnt know u could program btw
    lets make rove

actually when i tried to register
    hKit error: these required functions are not available: simplexml_load_string()

forgot the rove thing, il take myself else where

Dont know if anyone cares but we got picked up by another site.

http://www.culch.ie/2010/04/29/fiver-says-chin-li-beats-ryu-in-the-third-round/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sure thing, shall bring the tripod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Placebo wrote: »

I got the same error too. When I tried to register the site took my username and email address (so I couldn't try to re-register), but didn't send me a password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Great job Jim but just one thing my username is spelt Lysmleia on the website but it's actually Lymsleia on xbla. http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=3 How will Daigo and Justin Wong be able to challenge me now?:cool:

• Advertisement

Lads,

Considering bringing the doomcam tomorrow for recording some footage for the site.

I'm super busy at the mo so I have no problem handing over the SD card for you to do to the footage what you will (as long as Jim doesn't lose it in France).

I'm not great with this stuff so maybe someome like sisko'd like to record etc as the day goes on? I don't think actual game footage is that important in this case?

In fact there's a possibility I could bring two, and as long as dreddy brings the tripod we could record the tournament too.

I had a test run of hooking up my camera directly to barrys 360 but it didn't seem to work.

Makes no sense as it works for ps3 but on ps3 the wire obviously one goes one way where as on 360 the wire can go to two devices.

I'm absolutely ****ing DYING to make some good professional quality footage of our events but my final year project is due in 11 days so I can't dedicate as much time to this as I'd like right now.

All I can say is I'll do what I can, I'll be bringing my camera tomorrow anyway. If I can't get direct feed working, I should at least be able to get direct audio working. And have the camera record the players while someone else's records the match.

Just an idea, we'll see tomorrow I guess.

I don't think a direct feed is that important for tomorrow. Just general videos of people there and random stuff. I would almost go as far as to say that we don't need a full match recorded.

Oh I see! Your thinking of a hype video. Right well I'll see what I can do but I'll be going handy cam myself can't fit my tripod in my bag with my stick.

We need to get the crowd chanting and making more noise and **** though! XGC aint the best for that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

If anyone can supply me with a Tripod I can record some stuff tomorrow too. I ordered one from Argos 2 weeks ago, but they're only getting them back in stock next week =/

Just want to apologise for me being **** over the last few days. RL got in the way a bit. I'll try have everything updated by tomorrow or the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Jim wrote: »
    Just want to apologise for me being **** over the last few days. RL got in the way a bit. I'll try have everything updated by tomorrow or the next day.

I definately appreciate and commend you for the work that you are doing with streetfighter.ie - definately giving the community something that they are looking for...But can you avoid using the expression "real life got in the way" - like it or not, sf.ie is PART of your real life now.

Just a pet peeve of mine ;):)

(And hoping normal service can resume shortly :D)

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Great interview at @rcade.ie there Jim, well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Sairus wrote: »
    If anyone can supply me with a Tripod I can record some stuff tomorrow too. I ordered one from Argos 2 weeks ago, but they're only getting them back in stock next week =/

Argos?

What are you some type of millionaire?

Get yourself down to Lidl, they have Tripod sets for €5.99 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Awesome, cheers man, that's half price what I was expecting to pay!

• Advertisement

Btw, if you get an error when registering for the site, ignore it. After you register go to retrieve password and your pw will be mailed to you.

Advertisement