Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rock/Metal Album Release Thread

Options
  • 15-04-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

I started a thread like this a while ago and it went great guns for a while but eventually pulled a Shergar so I will give it another go.Tis simple really,when you find a band is releasing a new album then just post it in here for the benefit of other boardsies.Even better if you can post some youtube links.

Here are a few that have been released over the last month or so.

Sadist - Season of Silence.
    Really liking this,kinda proggy but very accessible.

Bleeding Through - Bleeding Through.
    IMO easily the best metalcore group around at the moment.

Cathedral - The Guessing Game.
    As consistent a band as you are ever likely to find,such a great album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

click play if you like Alcest and Amesoeurs.

Finnish gothic metal:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

80's glamsters Ratt have just released their 7th studio album... And I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised! I've been listening to this album pretty much constantly for the last 24 hours, and it has grown on me immensely. Even for those who would dislike 80's Glam metal, this is worth a listen, as it is very modern and far more gritty than their earlier offerings.

The opener from the album:

After several big disappointments from ''comeback'' albums recently released, I had very low expectations as I picked this album up on Monday... Imagine how thrilled I was to find that I had found a true gem!:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really looking forward to Misery Index newest album, Heirs to Thievery, out in a few weeks. So far the band has put up one song on their myspace, The Carrion Call, I like it, so I can't wait to see what else they have for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

DazMarz wrote: »
    80's glamsters Ratt have just released their 7th studio album... And I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised! I've been listening to this album pretty much constantly for the last 24 hours, and it has grown on me immensely. Even for those who would dislike 80's Glam metal, this is worth a listen, as it is very modern and far more gritty than their earlier offerings.

The opener from the album:

After several big disappointments from ''comeback'' albums recently released, I had very low expectations as I picked this album up on Monday... Imagine how thrilled I was to find that I had found a true gem!:)

I agree, I have it on now, and on the strength of 'Take Me Home' and 'Eat Me Up' I'd be pretty tempted to pay them a visit in Belfast. Fantastic sound. FYI should also check out Tesla's recent "comeback release" Forever Young, if you like RATT, you should like TESLA's latest

Actually, speaking of new Tesla releases....

teslaalive.jpg

I've heard a promo copy and it sounds excellent, well done all round. Released on the 26/4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Mysterious funeral doom band Ea released one hell of an album this year. beautfiul and crushing.
    Album: Au Ellai

Tom G Warrior's follow up to Celtic Frosts Monotheist with his new Triptykon project. Heavy stuff.
    Album: Eparistera Daimones

New album from thrashers Overkill. Deadly album!
    Album: Ironbound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 CMP

New Mael Mordha album Manannán comes out 14.05.2010 :cool:

Some clips here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q6Q0Q3tIOo

(can't get embed to work for some reason?)

www.mael-mordha.com

some more stuff.

Folk black metal:

experimental metal:

CMP wrote: »
    New Mael Mordha album Manannán comes out 14.05.2010 :cool:

Some clips here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q6Q0Q3tIOo

(can't get embed to work for some reason?)

www.mael-mordha.com

Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing Manannan in full. Gealtacht is their best album to date. Can Manannan surpass it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

New Soulfly album "Omen" out now.Kind of a punk feel to this track.

New As I Lay Dying album ""The Powerless Rise" out now.Diggin it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Anyone looking forward to this? It's out on May 25th. Really digging the new single :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Cathedral - The Guessing Game.
    As consistent a band as you are ever likely to find,such a great album.

What a crackin' song! Always really liked Cathedral, had tickets to see them in the Village but couldn't make it ... Brutal!!

Advertisement