Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Grouting Problem

• 15-04-2010 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I've laid a patio out the back without any problems, until I grouted the slabs.

I mixed a dry sand : cement mix at a ratio of 4:1, filled the gaps between the slabs, pressing the mix in good & hard with a length of timber & then watered the patio to consolidate the grout.

However, the grout hasn't set at all & is very crumbly - you can even scrape it out with your finger.

I'm at a loss as to what I've done wrong. Could it be the sand type? The guy in Brooks recommeded plastering sand... or am I missing something else?

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated, but I've a feeling that I'll be scraping it out & doing it all again, which I'm not looking forward to doing.

Comments

Advertisement