Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling in Gran Canaria

• 15-04-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Evening folks,

I'm off to Gran Canaria in the middle of May and I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me!

Unfortunately I won't have the bike with me but as ever to make myself feel better about not training I'll have my eye out for a bargain on some kit and if the price is right maybe even a new frame! While in Majorca last year I got some Gore kit for an absolute steal so I'm hoping Gran Canaria might be the same!

I'd like to hear anyone's experiences on this, maybe you might have come across a few shops you could recommend?

Thanks in advance!:D

Gav

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Not really much in the way of bargains except maybe down in the Decathalon just past the airport towards Las Palmas if thats your thing. Apart from that in the 2 bike shops I was in nothing jumped out at me, if anything they were more expensive.

Not having the bike is no excuse.. Freemotion bike shop down near Playa D'Ingles/Maspalomas will rent you a nice carbon Cannondale with Ultegra for a little over 20 euro a day and fit you up for the bike too. No excuses and great cycling country, I have been over there a couple of times for training camps. Get yourself a bike and head inland towards fataga on then on to Ayacata, Roque Nublo or over to Soria etc... pack your climbing legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

Jez, gotta reply to this one.....

I've been there about 20 times, best place in europe for winter riding.....incredible inland. Lots of climbing. Coast road is pretty but busy.

Freemotion the best place to rent for sure. Even better, get a propper bike with big tyres.

Also, road from Arguinigan up to soria, have a coffee at the dam, then come back down 2km, turn right up the road to the ayacata road....class. Top of the island is incredible too, 2000 mtrs. Go over towards Artenara and on to Tamadaba, amazing forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GavJudge

Hi folks, thanks for your replies!, I've heard the terrain is perfect alright!, I heard of Freemotion was the place to go, good prices on the Cannondales too! Might try and sneak a bit of riding in!, will bring my shoes and pedals just in case!!:o)

Advertisement