Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porting charges??

Options
  • 15-04-2010 6:56pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

Im planning on upgrading my phone with meteor. It works out cheaper if I port over from another provider (O2, vodafone, 3).

Are there any charges involved with changing my sim from a Meteor sim, to a (eg) vodafone sim, and then going into meteor and porting back to them?

Cheers, sorry if its been asked already.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nope, but why are you switching. How is it cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The phones are only cheaper if your moving into meteor from another bill pay network. Pay as you go it dosen't affect the price. If you on about getting extra credit I think you have to move off meteor for 30 days before you can move back and get the extra credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I tried this once before. My number couldn't receive calls from various networks for a couple of days. If you port back too soon it can confuse systems and screw things up.

Word of warnings just.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The phones are only cheaper if your moving into meteor from another bill pay network. Pay as you go it dosen't affect the price. If you on about getting extra credit I think you have to move off meteor for 30 days before you can move back and get the extra credit.

Thats not what a buddy of mine said, and he works for meteor. I can go in with an O2 pre pay sim and get a reduced price on a phone.

Ive heard that changing your provider is free, but they ask you to buy €10 credit with the sim. So the sim is free, but they want you to buy credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

The ten euro is for top up.

You can get it for free from the website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The ten euro is for top up.

You can get it for free from the website.

So I can port my number over to O2 in a shop for free? I dont need to top up or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

But OP you said you're buying a phone, it will be locked to the network you buy it off.

Advertisement