Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Physics and Applied in 5th year

Options
  • 15-04-2010 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Can a 5th year please tell me the topics they have covered in those subjects? Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 niamh2709

Biology- Ecology, The Cell, DNA, Genetics.
    Physics- Light, Mechanics, Waves
    Applied Maths- Linear Motion, Relative Motion,
    Just started statics and equilibrium.

I'm sure i've left some out, thats all i can remember off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I remember this time last year I was on Particle Dynamics for Applied Maths and in Physics I was on Heat and Temperature maybe.

Are you an external student or something?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Biology:Skeleton,Nervous system,endocrine system,blood,circulation system,DNA,Human reproduction,cell biology,food and started genetic crosses

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Biology: Some of these are partly done (and in no particular order) and it's all only off my head:
    Immunity, ecology, digestive system, lymphatic + circulatory system, the heart (pulmonary) system, the urinary (renal) system, fungi, plants (tropisms, growth regulators, etc), scientific method, food, the cell.

Physics:
    Light, mechanics, energy, will probably have heat + energy done by the end of the year.

Don't do applied maths, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Physics - Light, heat, sound and we're doing mechanics now (about to start Boyles law)
    We're a really small class (6 of us) and my teacher is really good. I think we're ahead of where this years 6th years were this time last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Can't remember where I was in April last year but in Applied Maths, we had Q1 Linear Motion, Q2 Relative Velocity, Q3 Projectiles, Q4 Connected Particles and Q5 Collisions finished by May.

In 6th year, we started with Q7 Statics, then Q6 SHM/Circular Motion, then Q10 Differential Equations.

That brought us up to about January in 6th year. From then on we are using exams all the time up until June.

If it's of any relevance, we did Applied Maths outside of school, 2 days a week (an hour per day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shizle

Physics:

Light/optics/lenses
    Mechanics
    Just started Heat/temperature

Applied Maths:

Vectors
    Linear Accelerated Motion
    Projectiles
    Connected Particles and Newton's Laws
    Work, Energy and Gravity
    Just started Impacts and Collisions