Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really want to do good help me!!

Options
  • 15-04-2010 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Can anyone please give me advice on to get good grades in these 2 difficult honour subjects, Biology and english I really am struggling to try get the definitions of biology into my head and the comparative study in english is too complicated im doing sive, pride and prejudice and casablanca and my teacher is only teaching me general vision and view point and literary genre. so I would be very grateful if anyone can help me:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

the comparative study in english is too complicated im doing sive, pride and prejudice and casablanca and my teacher is only teaching me general vision and view point and literary genre.

You only need to do GVVP and Lit Genre, so what's the problem? 2 modes come up on the paper and cultural context has been done to death, so she's doing you a favour by cutting it down. Besides, the comparative is 70 marks, you've another 330 to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

The biggest tip I could give you is know the expeiments inside out in Biology. If you do, section B and C will become a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Can anyone please give me advice on to get good grades in these 2 difficult honour subjects, Biology and english I really am struggling to try get the definitions of biology into my head and the comparative study in english is too complicated im doing sive, pride and prejudice and casablanca and my teacher is only teaching me general vision and view point and literary genre. so I would be very grateful if anyone can help me:(

I did my leaving last year although I didnt do biology I did physics and business and what I found worked well for learning definitions was to write them all down in one notebook and just keep reading them and looking over them if i forgot one later on and keep doing this untill they stay in your head, worked well for me anyway. best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

''I realy want to do well ''

It's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's a start.

I came into this thread to post that exact sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Writing the definitions in a notebook is a good idea. What I do for the more difficult ones (the one that takes a long time to remember and easy to forget) is to write them on flash cards and keep them in your pocket wherever you go. (Just don't write too much as it's easier to focus on a few at a time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

H2student wrote: »
    Writing the definitions in a notebook is a good idea. What I do for the more difficult ones (the one that takes a long time to remember and easy to forget) is to write them on flash cards and keep them in your pocket wherever you go. (Just don't write too much as it's easier to focus on a few at a time)
    Do most people not just write them out a few times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Well I do. Write them in notebook, write them roughly a few times to memorise it. I remember it, then the next day I come back it's gone :P. So for the hardest ones I use flashcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It's a start.

Oh, the irony:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

deemark wrote: »
    Oh, the irony:rolleyes:

:eek: I don't believe it! Serves me right for being a smart-arse I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I thought the OP was going to volunteer for Gorta.

Work hard, OP. Sacrifice your time, your friends, your social life.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Make sure you know reproduction and genetics - almost always on the paper- should get you a fair way through the paper- practice section As to get the definitions into your head- do all Higher level, samples and ordinary level section A.
    Practice is the only way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:eek: I don't believe it! Serves me right for being a smart-arse I guess.
    Indeed.

Ok, tempting as I know it is at times ...

Grammar Nazis! About turn! Quick March!

Destination: TBC. Just keep marching until told otherwise.

Advertisement