Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out of account due to authenticator

Options
  • 15-04-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone had this issue?

I'm not using the mobile phone app but the original key ring one. The codes I entered are correct and I was able to log into battle.net able two weeks ago with it.

There is no irish billing dept number so I just filled in the email. Do these unlock themselves after a while or do i have to wait for billing dept to solve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Check your activity on armory, more than likely your account is hacked. Scan your computer, theres a virus that copies the code and sends a fake code to the server and the hacker gets your code.

Either way ring this number in the morning from this number and visit this link

Forums

0044 800 931 0800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Yup, sounds like you've been hacked to me.

Forgot to mention aswell, just for general knowledge, if this happens to anyone else, create a trial account and send in a ticket that way if you don't want to phone in.

Make sure to put your account name in the ticket aswell rather than just say "omg im hacked" :P

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention aswell, just for general knowledge, if this happens to anyone else, create a trial account and send in a ticket that way if you don't want to phone in.

Make sure to put your account name in the ticket aswell rather than just say "omg im hacked" :P

You can also just fill in the online form using the account compromised selection.
    They get back to you fairly quick :)

True yeah, you would get a quicker reply from phoning in or sending in a ticket. Always depends on how the queues are though. Tis up to yourself sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I filled it in just don't have original wow cd key anymore. I knew I shouldn't have linked my battle.net account to my wow one.

I'm in no rush for wow one as it was cancelled and I found out last night on a trial that my old friends from vanillia and TBC wow have basically quit or in the process of leaving wow. That's a big group of friends gone from the game so I guess I defo won't be coming back now.

It won't be a big problem getting access back to your account, they will remove the authenticator for you and send you a new pass. Just make sure you read the link which I posted above as the virus could still be on your computer.

If you get hacked again after a few days your account will be locked and you'll need to send in another mail with simular information including copy of your passport(or some sort of ID).

Hope it all goes well for you though :)

I filled it in just don't have original wow cd key anymore. I knew I shouldn't have linked my battle.net account to my wow one.

I'm in no rush for wow one as it was cancelled and I found out last night on a trial that my old friends from vanillia and TBC wow have basically quit or in the process of leaving wow. That's a big group of friends gone from the game so I guess I defo won't be coming back now.

I got hacked a while back. Did not have the key. Did not know the security question answer either. Eventually they just removed the Authenticator that got slapped on and I was able to log in again. Got my own Authenticator after that.
    Took a few emails for it to finally get sorted though.

Sorry I never came back you guys.

I got my account the next day after filling in the web form. It appears the account and authenticator were out of sync.

But nearly all my old guildmates have quit the game and I'm really ungeared for even 5man heroics according to the general chat GS nonsense (I was in NAXX 10/25 gear).

Also my MacBook heats up like crazy when WOW is on. I might come back before cata if I buy a gaming PC.

ah good to hear you were able to get it sorted and we all thinking you were hacked :P

• Advertisement

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    ah good to hear you were able to get it sorted and we all thinking you were hacked :P

Yeah its pretty scary how bad its got. A friend was telling me that the biggest issue a while back were people logged into their account and it asked for authenticator. Someone had hacked their account then put an authenticator on it.

More good news for me. I logged on today and an old guildmate on his alt whispered me. He hadn't quit but moved to a different server with 3 other guildies so I've been invited to move over and they're going to try help gear me up before cata :D

Advertisement