Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please someone answer..............

Options
  • 15-04-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi,
    i applied for accounting and fainace in dit and they called me for an interview....:confused:
    i have no idea what they will ask me so can anyoneeeeeee plzzzzz tell me what they will ask..:)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Hi OP,

While I can't say for sure exactly what questions will come up in the interview (as I'm not on the interview panel), I can offer the following advice:

You'll be interviewed by a panel made up of the academic staff that run the programme to which you have applied. The fact that you have been shortlisted for interview indicates that your application was a good one, based either on your previous studies, work experience or a combination of the two.

The purpose of the interview is generally to determine your suitability for your chosen programme. What the panel may be looking for is evidence of a) your interest and b) your aptitude for the programme. Basically they are trying to find out if you are genuinely interested in studying the programme and if they allocate you a place, will you be academically able for it.

I would advise you to be eager, enthusiastic and knowledgeable (have a look at the programme spec on the DIT website/prospectus). You're trying to get across the impression that this programme is what you really want to do. Be sure to ask questions about the content, projects, work placement (if applicable), that sort of thing.

Best wishes,

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 20 madiha

thank you...
    that was very helpful.
    bye

Advertisement