Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help pick my focus :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

wonder is that why im getting so few calls on mine ! even though its treated like a baby club members car from new :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭EriT

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus/1.6-ZETE/201012197312491/advert?channel=CARS

went to see this 1 on Saturday going back again later this week with sum1 who nows what there looking at. wouldn't b buying at that price though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Hermit07

I just traded in a 08 Focus zetec 1.4 for the new 1.6 diesel style model and I have to say I love the 1.6. It appears to me to be a much more powerful engine (but I'm a girl and havent a clue about cars):D

I found that the 1.4 engine struggled sometimes, I wanted something a bit quicker for town driving, dont be on motorways much

EriT wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus/1.6-ZETE/201012197312491/advert?channel=CARS

went to see this 1 on Saturday going back again later this week with sum1 who nows what there looking at. wouldn't b buying at that price though

just a note its missing the tow eye cover for starters and secondly its got the 1.8 gear knob ?? and thirdly check for wear on the steering wheel it looks a little shabby in the picture if it looks very badly worn the mileage is mad ! ive similar mileage on my 03 and the wheel is like new apart from a wee bit of a shine from it

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

Please do not buy ANY of the cars you linked! You clearly want to buy a focus and while I don't like them myself I understand you have been driving one and like it so fair enough. IMHO The cars you've linked are really expensive!! Maybe you should shop around and see what you find.

I just happen to have this tab open while I'm writing this. It will give you an idea of what €3000 can buy. I was also thinking about buying this which could actually be a possibility for you when you consider the very slight difference in tax and insurance. If you have your heart set on a focus then go for it! I just don't think you would get value for money out of the cars above.

• Advertisement

focusowner wrote: »
    just a note its missing the tow eye cover for starters and secondly its got the 1.8 gear knob ?? and thirdly check for wear on the steering wheel it looks a little shabby in the picture if it looks very badly worn the mileage is mad ! ive similar mileage on my 03 and the wheel is like new apart from a wee bit of a shine from it

I did notice the steering wheel was very shabby which i found strange for the miles but didn't think much as this is really my first car so have nothing to base it on

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just a note its missing the tow eye cover for starters
    Tow eye cover is there, that's a dent in the bumper (prob from a towbar) you can see.
    no-image-large.gif
    can't see that being worth more than 3k

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tow eye cover is there, that's a dent in the bumper (prob from a towbar) you can see.
    no-image-large.gif

yeah its a dent Tow eye cover is beside it

colm_mcm wrote: »
    no-image-large.gif
    can't see that being worth more than 3k

You think id get it for 3k its a big drop from 4250?

Don't know if you'd get it for 3, but I wouldn't pay more than that for an 02 Focus.

• Advertisement

sorry im gettin old my eyesight aint what it was last week lol:D:D

yeah if steering is rough mileage is wrong esp if its a leather steering wheel as that car would have come with a plastic rubbery one from new and they dont hold up well at all ! id not pay more than 3500 for a 02 one in good condition !

there is a 03 1.4 on donedeal only thing is its a 5 door needs a rear door and pane of glass and quarter panel repair for 1400 euro noe if u picked that up for 1150 and a door for 50 ud have it repaired for 1500 for a 03 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

There was a flood of focus's for sale in Jan/Feb. They weren't over the asking price either and decent spec 03's/04's (1.6's) not over €4k. I think people are getting overly optimistic asking for more than that. Might be an idea to setup some rss feeds with what your looking for and save you trawling through the car sites.

well they can get 3k scrappage so why sell for less i suppose ?

well they can get 3k scrappage so why sell for less i suppose ?

could you explain that?

well i mean the older ones obviously the 99s etc 10 years old not worth a huge amount but they would get 3k allowance as a trade in on a new one

so less older cheap ones for sale

Now I got ya
    you could apply that logic to any 10 year old car I suppose.

i love 3 door focus sss and would love a red mark one 99-01 3 door but i reckon they will be gone and impossible to find an example in years to come they will all be scrapped before people even notice they have gone ! same for all newer cars cos noone passes any notice until they are gone !

problem is the 3dr doesn't sell in big numbers as a new car and is favoured by younger drivers as a used car. Same with Corollas, Golfs etc.

Still plenty in the UK.

ah yeah loads over there and better examples apart from the rust but better spec

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Here's a clean looking 1.6 04 here. Short hop away in Longford.
    View2?id=2903029

• Advertisement

uk spec heated front screen and air con ! ! nice spec though

Advertisement