Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much to charge for portfolio shoot

• 15-04-2010 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hey guy,s and ladys just wonderinh what you would charge for say 5/10 head shots for a model portfolio and would you ask for a deposit (i was asked last week to do some shots for someone so i said yes i got a lend of some bits from pcphoto thank you once again any way spent the last my money on a few bits the shoot was going ahead on Tuesday i rang her to say i was on my way she turned around and said she going to the beer garden instead :mad: sorry for the ramble so next time should i ask for a deposit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

sikahunter wrote: »
    hey guy,s and ladys just wonderinh what you would charge for say 5/10 head shots for a model portfolio and would you ask for a deposit (i was asked last week to do some shots for someone so i said yes i got a lend of some bits from pcphoto thank you once again any way spent the last my money on a few bits the shoot was going ahead on Tuesday i rang her to say i was on my way she turned around and said she going to the beer garden instead :mad: sorry for the ramble so next time should i ask for a deposit

Ya should have said "You're a bowler anyway - you'd only score in a pub full of drunks!"

Def ask for a small deposit and you can explain why, but even if it is 20 euro it will encourage them to keep the appointment. I'd also ask for payment on the day.

As for money I'd charge 100 euro - but thats just me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Depends really how much you were gonna charge for the shoot. Did you talk to her about your rates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

didnt talk about rates as was for my cousin my aunt was paying as they say uou learn by your mistakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Lol, You sure do..... :@)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

didnt talk about rates as was for my cousin my aunt was paying as they say uou learn by your mistakes
    Drop your aunt in a typed invoice for your time, saying it's not your fault her daughter had to go drinking instead of keeping the appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Drop your aunt in a typed invoice for your time, saying it's not your fault her daughter had to go drinking instead of keeping the appointment.

While this sounds good it's not very realistic, it is his Aunt after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Talk to your cousin and your aunt to try to recoup the amount you spent setting up and gas to return the equipment to PCPHOTO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

While this sounds good it's not very realistic, it is his Aunt after all.
    maybe not, but I'd deffo drop a bill to the cousin and ask her to pass it along to her mother, for wasting my time and money.
    I'd give the aunt the receipts for anything I had purchased, regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

If I had to purchase special equipment for a job I would take a deposit however concerning family, its just one of those things, I've been burnt by family before, paying for a job that wasnt finished, arranging to do things and being let down but at the same time sometimes you just have to let things blow over with family, they just expect you wont care as you are related. I would have ensured to let her know that it was going to cost you to do the job beforehand. Why not put the stuff to use and do a shoot with a friend.

i know its a hard one been family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Learn your lesson and don't bother with the family squabbles. You're the one that'll come out looking like a dick. You're better off never doing work with family.

Forget about it and move on tbh, shoots get cancelled the whole time, you were just on the sh*tty end of an excuse for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Learn your lesson and don't bother with the family squabbles. You're the one that'll come out looking like a dick. You're better off never doing work with family.

Forget about it and move on tbh, shoots get cancelled the whole time, you were just on the sh*tty end of an excuse for it.

what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Would you not just try and arrange it for a different day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

My first thought is that the lady concerned will not go far in the industry with an attitude like that :(

As its family all you can do is put it down to experience but don't be afraid to let her know i cost you money to arange the shoot for her and you're out of pocket as a result. This will have to be done diplomatically of course.

Where possible I try to avoid "paid" work for family as you can't treat them the same as a customer.

The lady is the one at a real loss as next time she may have to pay fuil commercial rates to get a portfolio shoot from someone else who may not be as flexible as you ;)

i told her tomorrow is the last day i,l be free as i have to give the flash back so if she lets me down il be giving her a number to call lol see how she likes them prices you gotta love family :rolleyes:

Advertisement