Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Regional Geography

Options
  • 15-04-2010 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hey, just wondering in regional geography for ireland or the paris basin/mezzogiorno can they ask you to do a contrast of an activity in the regions? say 'contrast primary economic activities in a core and peripheral European region?' or could they be specific and ask for example 'secondary economic activites in a core region?' 'in a peripheral region?' Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

hup123 wrote: »
    hey, just wondering in regional geography for ireland or the paris basin/mezzogiorno can they ask you to do a contrast of an activity in the regions? say 'contrast primary economic activities in a core and peripheral European region?' or could they be specific and ask for example 'secondary economic activites in a core region?' 'in a peripheral region?' Cheers!

Pretty sure they don't ask you to contrast any regions. They could be specific and ask us to write about a certain activity (I think it was secondary last year) but they would say in either an Irish region, European region or Sub Continental. They wouldn't usually ask just for a core or peripheral though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Hmm it's actually a very good question. If they couldn't be specific, then why would you need to study both a Core and Periphery, when one in detail would suffice?

As the new course has only been examined 4 times, I would know both as we don't have enough years to say "This has never come up, so it probably won't".

As a side note, isostatic processes came up last year, but was poorly answered, and poorly answered questions tend to repeat themselves. I would know isostasy going into the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hup123

yeah thats what i was thinking about the contrast. better just cover it cos its hard enough to predict..

Advertisement