Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R9 Servers uncontactable, rollback until R10

Options
  • 15-04-2010 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Anybody with a server who's now using R9 may experience a significant drop in players joining their server... apparently due to a bug. It is recommended to rollback to R8 until R10 is available (most game server providers are now providing this ability) Luckily for us, our server got busy under R9, but after two nights of being dead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The [TiG] server has been very slow for the last 2 days alrite...I wounder if its becoz of this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The [TiG] server has been very slow for the last 2 days alrite...I wounder if its becoz of this? :confused:

It would also explain why certain servers are shooting up in rank... Ours is up 1000 places in a couple of days :eek: Most likely because peeps can't see or connect to R9 ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Not sure about this. We've had our server full since the change to R9 so not completely convinced. However we normally have around 90% Irish players, counting us in the North ;), so it could be the case we are either down as a fav server or peeps are joining via friends.

What I'm finding is that the game plays really well with low numbers, it seems to scale well, specially when its rush mode.

I don't know.... thats what Multiplay sent out anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Aye
    multiplay wrote:
    Bad Company 2 - R8 Available
    Apr 15 2010 18:10:25 by liv3d
    You can now rollback your Bad Company 2 server to the previous R8 server version.

Somethings to note:

* You will be using this at your own risk, we will not be providing support for the old version
    * Clanforge live control won't work
    * Third party admin tools may not work (if you've updated them for R9)
    * This will only work until Server R10 / Client R7

To roll your server back to R8, you need to create a new profile.

Our server seems fine (and well populated), might roll back anyway and save any possible hassle

• Advertisement

Krieg wrote: »
    Aye

Our server seems fine (and well populated), might roll back anyway and save any possible hassle

Thanks for posting...

After I seen it in Clanforge I got onto IRC just to ask what the point was...

They said that they recieved loads of complaints of unpopulated servers since the upgarde to R9. We be keeping ours at R9 anyway. :D

Advertisement