Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RISE, Greens and animal welfare

Options
  • 15-04-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

On Primetime after the news

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

On Primetime after the news

Send a Multi text to all yer mates make sure they vote against Gormy and his Prius Brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Trevor Seargent ...one arrogant SOB!:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

With any luck they'll be history in 2 yrs time.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Trevor Seargent ...one arrogant SOB!:mad:

+1
    He really let the veil drop there. The sneer on his face was sickening:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

he is one reason why this party must go .

can we make up a slogan ,like the uk "born to hunt" with the hound on it .

noting rude ,just a class logo .

we can get them printed up . add a few euro and give it rise .

what do you thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ya have to hand it to FF. They allow the Greens as much room to try introduce any Bills/Acts they desire, fastly and effectively shifting the focus of the public from other issues.

The bills may pass and they may not, it will make for a turbulent 2 years to come with all things hunting/shooting related, but as long as FF have their distractions (namely the Greens) it will be allowed to continue.

There is no question that the greens will be gone in 2 years, we know it they know it, but what damage are they going to cause in the time frame? FF refuse to give up power/call an early general election. The "leadership" is looking more of a dictatorship as he refuses to even listen to his own party members. They have killed off the PDs, soon the Greens..........who is next.

Anyway i'll leave it at that as my post is looking more like something that belongs in the Politics forum and not the shooting forum.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

On a political question...Do the Greens actualy have a democratic mandate from the Irish people to be in Govt????I sure as Hell dont remember any general election with a FF /Green party winning...I do remember a FF/PD getting that mandate from the Irish people, and a little shyster from Drumcondra, when things got abit hot, doing a deal to keep his pals snouts in the public trough by bringing these loons to power.
    I also remember the GP being ripped to pieces in the local elections not too long ago.So do they actually have any RIGHT to be issuing laws,edicts etc?
    Might be your slogan NO majority Green mandate!:cool:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

I'm not a political type,but my understanding is as follows.

Bertie made the wisest move in history and got out. Spent the next year or two being driven around in a state car and signing books.

Brian steps up with the backing of the the FF party and immediately reshuffles the cabinet/ministers. As the leader of the rightfully elected party/coalition it is valid.

Brings the Greens on board as the PD(s), ie - Harney - no longer provide strength and some become extinct. Promises them all the room they need to fulfill their "hands across Ireland in electric cars" agenda if they join coalition and give majority of seats to FF to remain in power.

S**t hits the fan in a big way. People say lay of Brian not his fault, it was Bertie's. Who was the minister for finance again????????

Banks collapse, houses repossessed, jobs lost. Coughlin goes to Dallas, insults Dell owners, 2000+ jobs definitely gone. Nice one Mary. HSE falls to bits. Strikes, etc, etc. People now want answers as to how financial regulator missed the missing 80 billion. (Honest mistake) TD's scared s**tless what will be aired in public. Nobody fired, nobody resigned, certain directors, CEOs, etc walk away and free.

NAMA announced as "Godsend/Saviour" :rolleyes:. Focus needs to be shifted away from what FF are doing. Give the urban hippies Greens whatever takes the attention from them (FF).

Protests by sportsmen against unfair/unjust persecution of their sport. Ignored on whole by Greens and FF. Some token comments in support thrown around, but when it comes time to vote........??????????????

How am i doing so far?

Glimpse of the future.

Bill will pass and become Act. Greens renew their statement they are not going after fishing or shooting. 12 months from now Greens announce bill to limit game hunting, ban on foxing, course fishing, freshwater and saltwater fishing, rabbit hunting, etc, etc. 24 months from now general election. FF remain in power due to blinkered people with same "ould" stories. "sure they are as bad as the other", " i voted for them all my life", "maybe they'll turn it around" etc, etc. They find another smaller party and rope in all the independants with empty promises of "making a difference". They win and stay in power.

Too late to do anything as its hard as hell (impossible?????) to remove items from or remove altogether an Act. New minister "promises" to review. After 2 years gets moved to another department. New minister will review in time, etc, etc.

God, i'm depressed. :(
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

ezridax wrote: »

Bertie made the wisest move in history and got out. Spent the next year or two being driven around in a state car and signing books.

Brian steps up with the backing of the the FF party and immediately reshuffles the cabinet/ministers. As the leader of the rightfully elected party/coalition it is valid.

Brings the Greens on board as the PD(s), ie - Harney - no longer provide strength and some become extinct. Promises them all the room they need to fulfill their "hands across Ireland in electric cars" agenda if they join coalition and give majority of seats to FF to remain in power.

S**t hits the fan in a big way. People say lay of Brian not his fault, it was Bertie's. Who was the minister for finance again????????

Banks collapse, houses repossessed, jobs lost. Coughlin goes to Dallas, insults Dell owners, 2000+ jobs definitely gone. Nice one Mary. HSE falls to bits. Strikes, etc, etc. People now want answers as to how financial regulator missed the missing 80 billion. (Honest mistake) TD's scared s**tless what will be aired in public. Nobody fired, nobody resigned, certain directors, CEOs, etc walk away and free.

NAMA announced as "Godsend/Saviour" :rolleyes:. Focus needs to be shifted away from what FF are doing. Give the urban hippies Greens whatever takes the attention from them (FF).

Protests by sportsmen against unfair/unjust persecution of their sport. Ignored on whole by Greens and FF. Some token comments in support thrown around, but when it comes time to vote........??????????????

How am i doing so far?

Glimpse of the future.

Bill will pass and become Act. Greens renew their statement they are not going after fishing or shooting. 12 months from now Greens announce bill to limit game hunting, ban on foxing, course fishing, freshwater and saltwater fishing, rabbit hunting, etc, etc. 24 months from now general election. FF remain in power due to blinkered people with same "ould" stories. "sure they are as bad as the other", " i voted for them all my life", "maybe they'll turn it around" etc, etc. They find another smaller party and rope in all the independants with empty promises of "making a difference". They win and stay in power.

Too late to do anything as its hard as hell (impossible?????) to remove items from or remove altogether an Act. New minister "promises" to review. After 2 years gets moved to another department. New minister will review in time, etc, etc.

I know how you feel.
    I hate bacon and Cabbage but I do not want to get it banned as i do not like it but Thousands do.

I hate golf same story....
    Will the greens apologize for the amount of Foxes killed on the roads, The amount of flies killed on our wind screens etc?

if I slap a cows rear end with a stick to get him into a lorry so he can go to the factory?
    I suppose as they are probably Veggies too!
    I don't want soya banned because greenies eat it !

I don't like to keep repeating myself, but sometimes a point warrants it.

Do they realise the harm that would be caused if all vermin shooting/culling were to be stopped in the morning.

Start with deer. Population would rise dramatically in a short time. The Greens beloved replantation scheme (or whoever thought it up) would be wiped out from the deer stripping bark from sapplings and killing them. Farmers with these trees/sapplings on their land would loose money on the vegitation destroyed and also on the possible yield another crop may have provided.

Rabbits. Population exposion, immediately. Crops, grass lands and eventually urban encroachment follow soon after as animals are starving and seek food. Disease (mix, etc) spreads unchecked and uncontrolled. Dead, dying and diseased bodies start to pile up around all areas of the country.

Foxes. Uncontrolled population means increase in numbers. With no culling and a plentiful food supply from rabbits and other uncontrolled vermin their numbers begin to rise quite quickly. As the population grows so to does the need for territory. Again urban encroachment on a grand scale.

Birds (in general). As always uncontrolled population means increase in numbers. Crops being devastated, starvation as they fight for the dwindling food supply with other vemin/game.

Now look at the people involved. Shooters by their very nature care, maintain and upkeep the land they shoot on. Be it through ownership, shooting rights, etc it is in their benefit to keep a healthy environment and eco-system for both the livestock and crops. This creates a bonanza for vermin that would destroy this. If shooting stopped in the morning gunclubs would be the first thing to go. The NARGC would be obsolete. All the year round maintainance provided by shooters cease. For larger farmers, not too much of an issue, at first. For smaller farmers that rely on these lads it mean certain things don't get done. The shooer will help for a while, but with no "give and take" with the land owners commitment may waver. Lets be naive about this. Now the aforementioned vermin/game start to attack these previously "protected" grazing/crop lands.

Local community. The bonds/friendships are not as strong as interaction between people is lessened as common interests differ. People drift apart and become strangers to their neighbours. Businesses in the locality see a small drop in sales at first. Then the local shop has to close the deli counter and let staff go. Worst case, they have to shut up shop altogether as the local that used to stop while out shooting now gets all their supplies from the supermarket. All dealers are pretty much out of business aprt from those that can cater exclusively to the target shooting community. More jobs lost, less income for the revenue, more social welfare payments, depression, poverty, etc.

All this may seem over the top or not possible, but give it 5, 7 at most 10 years and when "bambi" and "thumper" are dying in people's gardens, animals turn feral, turn on each other see if those responsible are quite as smuggly content with themselves.

I am not a "blood thirsty" killer out for the "thrill" of it. I enjoy my sport and my target works takes care of (most of) my love of shooting. All of my game/vermin shooting is done by request or necessity. I enjoy the ourdoors. The stalk. I have seen and watched far more than i have shot. I should not have to defend my sport from anyone least of all those ill-informed minorities that cannot see past/further than the end of their nose or their own ill-concieved ideas of morality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

How am i doing so far?

Glimpse of the future.

you forgot the other northern cornhole needlessly messing up the the gunlaws and bungling the issuing of licences and the banning of an entire sport practised in the rest of the developed world and a lot of countries in the developing world , gardai answerable to no one and making up the laws as they go along ,
    what else , the church making a show of the country and the ff government paying another billion to the victims in a "sweetheart deal" (why should i pay with my taxes for the sickening behaviour of a priest ?)
    a prison/justice system that lets violent people away with all sorts of madness and mayhem , yet locks up people for non-payment of fines.

I don't like to keep repeating myself, but sometimes a point warrants it.

Do they realise the harm that would be caused if all vermin shooting/culling were to be stopped in the morning.

Start with deer. Population would rise dramatically in a short time. The Greens beloved replantation scheme (or whoever thought it up) would be wiped out from the deer stripping bark from sapplings and killing them. Farmers with these trees/sapplings on their land would loose money on the vegitation destroyed and also on the possible yield another crop may have provided.

Rabbits. Population exposion, immediately. Crops, grass lands and eventually urban encroachment follow soon after as animals are starving and seek food. Disease (mix, etc) spreads unchecked and uncontrolled. Dead, dying and diseased bodies start to pile up around all areas of the country.

Foxes. Uncontrolled population means increase in numbers. With no culling and a plentiful food supply from rabbits and other uncontrolled vermin their numbers begin to rise quite quickly. As the population grows so to does the need for territory. Again urban encroachment on a grand scale.

Birds (in general). As always uncontrolled population means increase in numbers. Crops being devastated, starvation as they fight for the dwindling food supply with other vemin/game.

Now look at the people involved. Shooters by their very nature care, maintain and upkeep the land they shoot on. Be it through ownership, shooting rights, etc it is in their benefit to keep a healthy environment and eco-system for both the livestock and crops. This creates a bonanza for vermin that would destroy this. If shooting stopped in the morning gunclubs would be the first thing to go. The NARGC would be obsolete. All the year round maintainance provided by shooters cease. For larger farmers, not too much of an issue, at first. For smaller farmers that rely on these lads it mean certain things don't get done. The shooer will help for a while, but with no "give and take" with the land owners commitment may waver. Lets be naive about this. Now the aforementioned vermin/game start to attack these previously "protected" grazing/crop lands.

Local community. The bonds/friendships are not as strong as interaction between people is lessened as common interests differ. People drift apart and become strangers to their neighbours. Businesses in the locality see a small drop in sales at first. Then the local shop has to close the deli counter and let staff go. Worst case, they have to shut up shop altogether as the local that used to stop while out shooting now gets all their supplies from the supermarket. All dealers are pretty much out of business aprt from those that can cater exclusively to the target shooting community. More jobs lost, less income for the revenue, more social welfare payments, depression, poverty, etc.

All this may seem over the top or not possible, but give it 5, 7 at most 10 years and when "bambi" and "thumper" are dying in people's gardens, animals turn feral, turn on each other see if those responsible are quite as smuggly content with themselves.

I am not a "blood thirsty" killer out for the "thrill" of it. I enjoy my sport and my target works takes care of (most of) my love of shooting. All of my game/vermin shooting is done by request or necessity. I enjoy the ourdoors. The stalk. I have seen and watched far more than i have shot. I should not have to defend my sport from anyone least of all those ill-informed minorities that cannot see past/further than the end of their nose or their own ill-concieved ideas of morality.
    Here Here
    I shoot on average 2 deer a year, 3 foxes but perhaps a hundred or so rabbits but where I live rabbits are in there thousands even ate my cabbage last year that was in the back garden, often saw 7 in the garden at night!!

The greens will regret the day they attacked country sports as tey lose their seats to more understanding TD's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

RISE = Good
    Greens = Bad
    Animal Welfare = An abused & misused issue

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1070813

I haven't seen PT yet, probably get to watch it tomorrow at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Thank god we have a vote, when the next election finally is called any rural person who votes for the greens , FF or indeed SF deserve what they get. I missed primetime last night so I'll have to watch it later!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Folks in relation to the phrase "setting animals upon eachother" : does that mean we won't be allowed to use pointers, spaniels, terriers, etc etc anyore to hunt ? A couple of restrictive interpretations in court and that's the end of gameshooting as well.

Keep in mind that there doesn't appear to be a distinction between wild and domesticated animals, i.e. your GWP and a pheasant, your terrier and a fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Same principle as the new firearms legislation. What we believe it says and what it actually says :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

there would be a problem for any one working a dog/s on deer ,like myself .

Advertisement