Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice

Options
  • 15-04-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

im a 3rd yr sparks out of work at the mo and its starting to piss me off as im sure there are others too.i cant get a job at all and trying to weigh up my options.im seriously thinking of going to london to work but if i didnt id like to do a course of some sort.does anybody know of any courses out there that would be of benifit to me and others in the long run.

ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

try to 'upskill' anyhow

there's a surplus of sparkies on the basic construction side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

fas were on about running courses for guys that would add to there time and be used as there on site assesments also. i dont know what the current status of that is but could give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

I met a meter man recently who had an apprentice with him that fas had placed with the ESB in order to allow him to complete his time. It may be worth speaking to Fas about this.

Advertisement