Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Nissin Di622 not working?

• 15-04-2010 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got a Nissin Di622 flash for my Canon 450D at Christmas and only taking it out now to try and use (as have to take photos in a cellar for my GF on sat - I know no excuse but was busy in work and got out of the habit of taking photos) but disaster as the flash doesn't seem to work. I put in 4 new batts and when I first put it on the camera and pressed the power button the lights came on but straightaway they went out and since then nothing. The Canon doesn't seem to recognise it when its on the shoe, but that's probably as the power doesn't seem to work. Press the power button but nothing?

I'm new to external flashes, but I thought that even off the camera if you turned on the flash it'd work? Any ideas of things I could try?

Sorry if this is a very beginner q.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Double check the poles of the batteries. Are they in the correct positions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

I have one of them and it is a bit temparamental, try holding the power button down until the red ttl led comes on and it makes its high pitched powering up noise (might take a second or two) then don't touch anything until the green light comes on.

That's how mine works anyway, not sure if it's normal tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Just checked the batteries and one of them seems flat (duracell ones with the yellowbar powercheck thingy). Flash now charging with a replacement one alright, thanks for the replies.

Are these flashes not the best quality? I know it's not as good as a Canon own brand, but that's the reason I got it as I don't need professional quality just something for the occassional wedding and party. They're not much use if they're tempramental all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Buy 2 sets of rechargable batteries and keep them charged before use. Those flashguns are good enough for your requirements.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=108409
    Buy a charger there also

Advertisement