Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much cash have you paid Capcom, (& other companies,) for SFIV?

Options
  • 15-04-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

I had a ponder about this today.

Before SFIV initially came out, sourcing a fightpad, nevermind a fightstick was ludicrously hard and crazy money.

I myself called into about 10 stores, Game, GameStop etc, looking for a fightpad, and phoned about the same amount.

Not one single store had a clue that they even existed.

Madcatz, who manufacture the TE, SE and fightpad held there hands up and admitted both they and capcom hugely under-rated both the demand for the game and peripherals to play it on.

I know some folk have nemerous sticks and pads, and even bought consoles to play it on just to increase the playerbase they can fight with, huge money.

So what have you spent on SFIV?

I'm going to include my bro on my total:
    SFIV x 2 for xbox at launch - €50x2 = €100
    2 x fightpads from play@ €45 x 2 at launch = €90
    1 x fightpad when my bro busted his @ €40
    1X SE stick @ @155 delivered once available = €155
    2 x TE ticks @ 135 delivered = 270
    €150 on various parts = 150
    €25 on PC version - 25

So €830 is a conservative estimate so far.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

€40 for the game on Xbox.
    £120 for SE last May (with the winnings from Fibber's;)) .
    2 x Hori EX2 sticks €55 each.
    €130 for TE2 stick.
    I also accepted a PS3, stick and SFIV in return for a €240 bad debt from a workmate, purely to play SFIV on it(mistake).
    And several hundred €euros on SF competitions etc.

About €1000, all in.......around the same amount as I paid for the Jap import Saturn versions of Vampire Saviour and X-men Vs. Street Fighter!

Ps: I also took a PSP with Darkstalkers and SF Alpha 3 MAX on wed for a €50 debt, purely so I can practice SF(to stay fresh for IV) when I'm on the bus to the in-laws in Cavan.

As for how much I've spent on SF in my life.....I dread to think. At least £14.99 on 'Street Fighter The Movie' on PSone........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well a week before Street Fighter 4 was out I came home from college to find that the parents had knocked in the wall of the dining room to extend it into the kitchen. The dining room had been where I kept all my games and consoles. My massive philips CRT was taken to my grannies and my consoles all packed up. I asked how the hell was I going to play my videos. They said I could play them after they went to bed on the ****ty tiny crt in the front room which meant 30-60 minutes gaming a night. Street Fighter 4, a game I had been waiting on since the game was released in japanese arcades months before hand and pronounced to be awesome. Basically this **** wasn't on. I had also stopped getting paid from college 3 months before hand. I could have been sensible and let it go.

The next day I went rang my friend Michele, took a trip up to Newry and I bought a 32 inch LG tv. I only bought it because I wasn't waiting around to play SF4. I finally got the game but realised the I might have been playing SF4 with my spare cock th 360 controller was so useless. I read somewhere that the SF4 fightpads were 'better than saturn gamepads'. The saturn gamepad is a thing of beauty for fighting games and I needed a fightpad. I couldn't find one but then some kind soul on boards sourced me one for over the odds on ebay. Unfortunately the person that said the fightpads were better than saturn pads was a lying toerag and I found it to be utterly useless. I then went hunting down a fightstick with the last bit of my remaining money.

When I get a bit more money I'm getting full Sanwa parts.

So the total damage because that TV wouldn't have been bought for a lesser game is:

TV and TV bracket: 450
    SF4 on release: 50
    Overpriced fightpad: 60
    Fightstick: 80

Total 640 euros

Worth every penny although I'm still ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

€50 for xbox version
    €25 for PS3 version
    €15 for PC version
    €47.50 for stick + parts

About €140ish

Do you count consoles/new pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

PS3 version 40 euro

PC version 25 euro

SE stick 70 euro

Sanwa parts plus ps2 to ps3 converter and ps2 to 360 converter 58 euro.

= 193 euro

However if I asked myself would I have bought a ps3 in the 1st place if Sf4 and SSF4 were fully confirmed for pc and released around the same time I would say hell no.

So

PS3 300 euro

Thus 493

I'd say I'd be nearing 600 if I added all bits and bobs like tourney fees and paint and art for my stick...oh and I just ordered super...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You know... I always wondered just WHERE my money went...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

€12 to g2 play :o

Already had the Hori Stick from the Ps2 days and the USB connectors from PES on PC.

Sadly have never played one match ever online vs you lot or any others.

1st person who doesnt have the game to play me, i will give a CD KEY for GFWL to.

/bascially obtain the game and i will give you my spare Cd key seemingly i bought 2 from g2play. Both legit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

£27.

I want it back. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

22.99 for the game when it was on sale in HMV around a year ago.

Approximately 5000-6000 yen for a Hori Ex2 stick in Akihabara, and the luxury of trying to get it back home (it fit snugly in my rucksack once I sacrificed a few socks :pac:).

24.99 for a Fightpad just last week, which did me fine for a couple of days, until I realised today that an arcade stick is indeed much, much better. Oh well, player 2 can have it ;)

So not too much, probably just under 100 euro and the cost of a few pairs of socks, but the stick functions just as importantly as my schmup controller. Initially, it seemed like a lot of money for a game I could barely play, but after a winning streak tonight (6 ranked matches woo!) I am finally feeling it was worth it, and am feeling the first pangs of SFIV addiction.

Now, SSFIV and a Mad Catz stick are looking mighty tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

60 Euro for the LE when it came out.

That is all.

84.78 On BlazBlue Import
    49.99 On BlazBlue EU launch Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

€150 (SF4 xbox on release, steam sale of the PC version, SE stick + new parts)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

360 Copy of SFIV : €40
    Madcatz TE: €150 (+€10 import charge)
    Plexiglass faceplates: €33
    Standard 360 Controller: €15
    Femme Fatale Costume pack: 320MS (about €3.70)
    LIVE subscription - used exclusively for SFIV - €30

€281.70 abouts.

EDIT: That isn't counting the tournament entries fees and travel costs from Galway/Carlow of course - but I'd count them as seperate costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

A copy of the game, an XBox to play it on, the four costume packs (before they released that cheaper 4-in-1 download, *******s), Live subscription, all told probably not as much as most people here, and the XBox and Live subscriptions are obviously used for other things too.

Tournament entry fees and the Galway-Dublin bus fares to and from, but that's probably going too far. Cards, notebook pages and biro ink used to record various things like matchup records and taunt lists. Opportunities foregone by instead choosing to play SFIV....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lemme see...

SF4 PS3- 50
    SF4 360- 25 (second hand)
    TE x 2 270(both systems)
    SE PS3 100
    Upgrades 30
    Fightpad x 2 60(both systems)
    Guile action figure 20(joke christmas present for Ayjay)

That's 555.

NOT including trips to France, Belfast, Xgc, lanparty, Gaelcon, Gamesnash etc...

But to be fair not including the small dribble of cash I tend to get back in money matches etc. :o

EDIT: I just remembered, I bought the doomcam plus accessories too. That's another 270 total.

So thats 825.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm going to count my stick as I bought it to play Street Fighter in general.

30.00 for SFIV on PS3
    299.99 for a PS3 to play it on. (I did not have a current gen console beforehand and bought it just to play SF IV)
    165.00 for a HRAP
    22.00 for six OBSF 30 buttons and two OBSM plugs.

So 516.99 plus all the money I've paid in the XGC, on buses/trains to Belfast, flights to and from Cannes and accomodation!

All worth it though.

Over the years I couldn't tell you how much I've spent on Street Fighter games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

80 Euro for special edition on 360.
    20 Euro for players guide.
    25 Euro for fightpad.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Special Editions of SF for Xbox and PS3 = 100
    PC version = 30
    TE Stick = 130
    evo bag for the TE stick = 20

Overall 280 not too bad compared to some poeple here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

For just SF4? Not much.

50 quid for 360 pad. 40 quid for 360 game. 20 quid for PC game.

Thats about it really. But Ive deffo got my money's worth. Lots and lots of time spent playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Special Editions of SF for Xbox and PS3 = 100
    PC version = 30
    TE Stick = 130
    evo bag for the TE stick = 20

Overall 280 not too bad compared to some poeple here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

I'm impatient i got the t.e when it was supposed to be rare... including delivery mine cost close to 300 this is why its my child.
    if i made a list of all my sf stuff i would be typing a long time.

lets just say 2 much:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Just the game on the PC so what, €30-40 or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

€40 for the game
    €130 for me fightstick
    €10 on the alt costumes :D
    probably €100 on new xbox controllers as they broke from competitive play...
    only €20ish on tournys/casuals

and lastly €200 on a new xbox for SSF4 as my last one was banned from online (stupid microsoft!)

Total: €400 give or take.

Money well spent in my view!

Robbknoll wrote: »
    €200 on a new xbox for SSF4 as my last one was banned from online (stupid microsoft!)

Eh.. what?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

Sisko wrote: »
    Eh.. what?

cheating or modding they ban ur console:D

Is that what you did Robb?

Is that what you did Robb?

Ya they blocked my previous xbox because it was modded. Wasnt for cheating or buffing the gamer tag, no interest in that kinda stuff. Main reason was to play games that werent released over here or that were due to release in EUR 2 years after the JAP and USA releases! EG Tales Of Vesperia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

€50 on the xbox game
    €60 on a hori ex2
    €150 wood perspex and parts to make my own joystick (still in progress :D)
    €200 Madcatz TE
    €25 bag for my stick
    €25 plexi and art for the TE
    €30 Madcatz controller
    €25 PC version of the game

got to learn to have a bit of patience and wait for prices to drop

not including dlc or tournaments

so €565 ouch

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Ya they blocked my previous xbox because it was modded. Wasnt for cheating or buffing the gamer tag, no interest in that kinda stuff. Main reason was to play games that werent released over here or that were due to release in EUR 2 years after the JAP and USA releases! EG Tales Of Vesperia.

Jaysus that sucks man, how did they find out? The second you went online with it? I wonder why there's region locks on the 360 but not ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok where do i start -

1.) my second child TE stick - 170 delivered.

2.) fightpad - 60

3.) game - 49

4.) wireless tekken controller 99

5.) xbox 360 console cost me 300 elite 250 gb

6.) guide 18

all this and i still suck lol please help???????

thats 696 and everytime i see something different i want it lol OCD????

whats with the te bag where can i get one? and are they good?

Jaysus that sucks man, how did they find out? The second you went online with it? I wonder why there's region locks on the 360 but not ps3.

Didnt bother me a whole deal when it happened, it was basically an original 360 so i got my moneys worth outa it :D I think it came through one update around the time of Modern Warfare2 release, before that i could go online no bother. And ya the region lock is retarded, ps3,psp,ds and wii to my knowledge dont have it and i havent even thought of chips or mods. So if you cant get it legally...be a cyber pirate :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Lemme see, thats 825 total.

A 5yr bump. Definitely worth an update.

Advertisement