Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X2 4400+ Passive cooled?

Options
  • 15-04-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Have an old HTPC that wasn't getting any use due to the PS3 doing a better job, and UPC having switched to digital. I decided to recommission it with a Win7 Home Prem for playing HD mkvs to save conversion to PS3 format.

It works a treat, I even split the upc lead from my UPC PVR to give an analogue feed to Media Center, worked immediately no messing, all chans, not that it matters, the SD Analogue feed looks like ****, but hey MCE finally works and has an epg with no messing!

Anyways I opened it up cos the touch screen on the front wasn't working, and imagine my surprise when I see the CPU fan has conked out, and my Zalman Copper Cooler is successfully passively cooling it!

ppic-MAXI-zalman-cnps9500a-LED-heatsink-cooler-quiet-zalmann-cnps9500cu.jpg

Prime 95 yields a 100% load of 60-65C which aye is hot, but this PC is never above 20% load in current use.

Anyways just wanted to pass on my amazement!

Advertisement