Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

• 15-04-2010 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

***Draft Dates and Times***

Boards Premier League Saturday, September 4th @ 9pm via NFL.com

Boards Division 1 Sunday, September 5th @ 9pm via NFL.com

Boards Division 2 Monday, September 6th @ 9pm via NFL.com

Boards Division 3 Monday, September1st @ 8:30pm via NFL.com

Boards PPR League Thursday, September 2nd @ 9pm via ESPN.com

Extremely early I know, but no harm in gathering interest for this now.

Id be up for it again, had a blast doing my first one last year. Would also be interested in doing a Rookie only FF if there was enough interest.

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE FIELD:
    To all new and old posters to the Fantasy Football 2010 thread, please know that you are most welcome to play! But before posting, please read the American Football Forum Charter stickied at the top of the forum. It's grand to show your passion and enthusiasm for the game, and that is encouraged! But no unsportsmanlike conduct on the field is allowed (No personal attacks or you will be benched by the ref!).
    referee-costume.jpg

How many teams should get promoted and relegated 10 votes

2 up 2 down
    0% 0 votes
    3 up 3 down
    50% 5 votes
    4 up 4 down
    50% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Archimedes wrote: »
    Extremely early I know, but no harm in gathering interest for this now.

Id be up for it again, had a blast doing my first one last year. Would also be interested in doing a Rookie only FF if there was enough interest.

Really enjoyed it last year so definitely up for it again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I'd give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

We had a Prem League and Div 1 and Div 2 last season. The idea was the last 2 placed in each group go down the others come up.

If a mod could maybe combine the 2 threads? And rename it to Boards Fantasy Football or something? So we can keep track every year?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055556490&page=43

These were the top 2 divisions:

Premier League
    Xavi (Winner Last Year)
    Neill3030
    dodge
    The Dazzler
    Karlusss
    Trippie
    jdivision
    bobby wade
    Tallaghtoutlaws
    Kev s88
    Eagle Eye
    Raddo

Div 1
    its so easy
    mr guappa
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    Sydney Steelers
    TheHeadhunter
    oatsey
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    deccy15
    f1dan

The Prem finished like so:

Central Division
    Team W L T PCT GB Strk Wks PF Back PA
    Inchicore Warriors 10 3 1 0.75 0 W3 2 1405 0 1200
    Porto Jags 6 8 0 0.429 4.5 L1 0 1139 266 1245
    Blanch Rams 4 9 1 0.321 6 W1 0 1124 281 1261
    Dolfans 4 10 0 0.286 6.5 L3 0 1079 326 1239
    East Division
    Mehtastic 11 3 0 0.786 0 W9 0 1372 33 1160
    Boards Paddy Patriots 8 5 1 0.607 2.5 L1 3 1365 40 1231
    eagle eye patriots 7 7 0 0.5 4 W1 2 1261 144 1330
    Better than the lions 7 7 0 0.5 4 L4 1 1197 208 1179
    West Division
    Leitrim Gaels 8 6 0 0.571 0 W2 2 1330 75 1399
    bluecollarbears 7 6 1 0.536 0.5 L1 1 1216 189 1211
    West Coast Coolers 5 9 0 0.357 3 L2 3 1324 81 1337
    Don's D 5 9 0 0.357 3 W1 0 1298 107 1318

Don's D and Dolfans relegated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Wasn't involved in a boards league last year (played on NFL.com in 2 leagues, and got to playoffs in both, though competition weak), but would be interested this year def, if spaces are available. Think I'm gonna join about 4 or 5 leagues this year, as many different formats as poss, for something where you don't actually physically win anything, it's kind of addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im in again :) lets hope my porto jags make an improvment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Definitely in again this year. Got to the semi final of division 1. I hope it wasn't just beginner's luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Keeper League would be great!! Not sure if we could run a free one with multiple divisions though? Would be hard to work out promotion/relegation.

Keeper League would be great!! Not sure if we could run a free one with multiple divisions though? Would be hard to work out promotion/relegation.

ESPN you can have up to 20 players and put them into as many divisions as you want. Obviously it wont define the relegation and promotion but you can do it yourself type thing.

The problem here is there is too many guys wanting in to run a specific Boards.ie Keeper League. 16 guys in my opinion is Max for any keeper league.

• Advertisement

Fair point. Maybe run it in tandem with normal league?

One other way is to do a keeper league that has an entry fee and prizes. Im in 3 of them every year albeit in the US but I cant see why it wouldnt work here. Rent a room in a pub with wireless and run a live draft. €50 entry give you €800 and do 3 prizes. And then meet up every other week to watch games. Makes FF more interesting :D If anyone is interested in this one we could discuss it as we have plenty of time and get a group of us together and get one rolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm in and more than willing to lend a hand with any of the Mod side of things so just drop me a PM if you need anything in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm in again for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

I'm in again but as was proved last year, not a clue!!
    That said came second in the prediction game!!

I'd be interested as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Wasn't involved last year but would definitely be interested in joining this year

In for a paid keeper league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Would definitely be on for this again. Was in division one last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'd very much be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The Superbowl winning Inchicore Warriors will be back to defend our crown ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

I'd definitely be up for this again. Was in Division 2 last time and I think it's a good idea to keep the divisions in some form. And if we're having a promotion/ relegation type of system, then I think the fairest thing to do with the bottom two from Division 2 is to ban them from fantasy football for the rest of their lives.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bobo the clown

id be i for fantasy football ( but not paid)... Where do ye play it espn, nfl.com, etc???

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Icepickle

I'd be on for it this year. Was on the reserve list but didn't get down as far as me. Hopefully this year we can get a few more leagues going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'd be up for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

id be i for fantasy football ( but not paid)... Where do ye play it espn, nfl.com, etc???
    Yeah same here, count me in!

The Power Raiders lol

/needs to think up a better team name

As far as a paid keeper league is concerned, I would be interested but we'd need an escrow that everybody could trust and that could be difficult.

I'd trust tallaght to hold the money. He could set up a seperate paypal for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd be up for this again. Wasn't great last season but I stuck with it even though my team wasn't great. So you know I wont abandon my team if it sucks :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'll give it a shot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

I wasn't in this particular league last year because numbers had already been filled...but count me in for this year if possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm out this year. Takes up way too much time. I suck at it. And I can't enjoy watching the games because I'm hoping for specific events to transpire.

Please give up my place to whomever you feel is most deserving, TO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I'll give it a shot. :)

Actually scratch that. Count me out, will already be in a couple of games now that I think of it.

Paid Keeper League

LightningBolt
    Eagle Eye
    Tallaght Outlaws
    Dohnny Jepp?
    Dodge?

For the regular boards league start up a reserve list and decide who gets in based on post count/join date. If it comes down to new users to the site whoever posted in first gets preference? Ages away at this stage though. We didn't draft until late August/early September last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

i'm up for it, have never done it through boards but have part took the last 5 years previously on way own and nearly won it two years ago

so is it nfl.com, or the espn one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    i'm up for it, have never done it through boards but have part took the last 5 years previously on way own and nearly won it two years ago

so is it nfl.com, or the espn one?

The boards league was nfl.com last year but I much preferred the layout of the espn.com leagues. They seemed a lot easier to use, especially for stuff like free agents. That's just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

f1dan wrote: »
    The boards league was nfl.com last year but I much preferred the layout of the espn.com leagues. They seemed a lot easier to use, especially for stuff like free agents. That's just my opinion.

Last year was CBS, was it not?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Last year was CBS, was it not?

NFL uses CBS's engine/platform. Same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Been running a FF league now for some coming up on 15 years...
    http://www.iflaf.com

Didn't know there was one being run here... definitely interested..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'll have some of this again.

Finally got satellite tv so I can watch games live for the first time in about four years.

• Advertisement

Been running a FF league now for some coming up on 15 years...
    http://www.iflaf.com

Didn't know there was one being run here... definitely interested..

Hey dude how does your one work?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Hey dude how does your one work?

We like to keep it relatively simple, Keeper League focusing on individual offensive positions, we don't do IDP, nor points on yardage either.

Full details at :
    http://www.iflaf.com/rules.htm

Paid Keeper League

LightningBolt
    Eagle Eye
    Tallaght Outlaws
    Dohnny Jepp?
    Dodge?

For the regular boards league start up a reserve list and decide who gets in based on post count/join date. If it comes down to new users to the site whoever posted in first gets preference? Ages away at this stage though. We didn't draft until late August/early September last year.

get rid of taht question mark ;)

Just on this, we started a league last year with divisions. If everybody from the first division comes back then two are relegated if the top two from the second division come back.

And as you can see from my post count I'd have no problem getting in on post count but I think its fair to continue with the system from last year.

There are plenty of people with big post counts on boards that would be all for this at the start and might lost interest later on. Its NFL fans we want in the league not huge fans of posting on boards.ie.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just on this, we started a league last year with divisions. If everybody from the first division comes back then two are relegated if the top two from the second division come back.

And as you can see from my post count I'd have no problem getting in on post count but I think its fair to continue with the system from last year.

There are plenty of people with big post counts on boards that would be all for this at the start and might lost interest later on. Its NFL fans we want in the league not huge fans of posting on boards.ie.

The leagues from last year as Eagle Eye said were done fairly from initial interest. Sure some big posters came into the fray late but they were too late. But we should stick to the original plan. Two down 2 up from all the divisions. If someone drops out from each divisions we can work on replacements etc etc....

Here is a break down:
    The Prem finished like so:

Central Division
    Inchicore Warriors 10 3 1 0.75 0 W3 2 1405 0 1200
    Porto Jags 6 8 0 0.429 4.5 L1 0 1139 266 1245
    Blanch Rams 4 9 1 0.321 6 W1 0 1124 281 1261
    Dolfans 4 10 0 0.286 6.5 L3 0 1079 326 1239
    East Division
    Mehtastic 11 3 0 0.786 0 W9 0 1372 33 1160
    Boards Paddy Patriots 8 5 1 0.607 2.5 L1 3 1365 40 1231
    eagle eye patriots 7 7 0 0.5 4 W1 2 1261 144 1330
    Better than the lions 7 7 0 0.5 4 L4 1 1197 208 1179
    West Division
    Leitrim Gaels 8 6 0 0.571 0 W2 2 1330 75 1399
    bluecollarbears 7 6 1 0.536 0.5 L1 1 1216 189 1211
    West Coast Coolers 5 9 0 0.357 3 L2 3 1324 81 1337
    Don's D 5 9 0 0.357 3 W1 0 1298 107 1318

Don's D and Dolfans relegated From Prem League
    These were the top 2 divisions:

Premier League
    Xavi (Winner Last Year)
    Neill3030
    dodge
    The Dazzler
    Karlusss
    Trippie
    jdivision
    bobby wade
    Tallaghtoutlaws
    Kev s88
    Eagle Eye
    Raddo

Div 1
    its so easy
    mr guappa
    lightning bolt
    Royal Seahawk
    Sydney Steelers
    TheHeadhunter
    oatsey
    chanandler bong
    Laces out
    Pat the Patriot
    deccy15
    f1dan

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

well i'll happily take the place of Neil3030 if he doesn't want to continue!

sports_fan wrote: »
    well i'll happily take the place of Neil3030 if he doesn't want to continue!

If he wasnt one of the ones relegated from the Prem his place will be taken by someone in Div 1 as a 3rd promotion spot and then the Div 1 will replace that person.

If he was relegated from the Prem it just means Div 1 will have to find an extra man.

EDIT: Neill3030 was Don's D So the 2 best from Div 1 will still come up as normal. And Div 1 Lightning bolt if you want to find a replacement for him.

If there is enough interest (which I tihnk there is) would it not be wise to have a 4th division. central into north and south

If there is enough interest (which I tihnk there is) would it not be wise to have a 4th division. central into north and south

The problem is we cant have any more than 12 in a division and then if they are 4 separate divisions how do you play cross conference games etc etc The reason we settled on the promotion and relegation idea was to give everyone a chance to play in the top division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

We like to keep it relatively simple, Keeper League focusing on individual offensive positions, we don't do IDP, nor points on yardage either.

Full details at :
    http://www.iflaf.com/rules.htm

This one's a doozy to win. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement